• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post your Android Desktop

Hey @bcrichster, though I want to sell my ZTE Warp 4g, I downloaded the ROM you built to give it a test run. You did a really nice job brother, the cobalt theme looks sharp!
I may see if my Warp 4g will support Multi ROM and leave your ROM on there (along with SuperR's) as a bonus when I get ready to sell it. You ready to build one for CM12 now?
These are the Colbalt Icons for CM12 on Nova Launcher. Have a nice weekend all.
9a66c2c1fc4d973f6a5e20c9ea8bf213.jpg

Sweet! [emoji16] That's awesome and glad you liked it, it was a turd to get right. Did'ja flash the KillerKobalt4G theme as well? Had to fix a cpl things I was unaware of until after my ROM posting so I used the theme.zip to do the adjustments. CM12? Dunno.. Was kinda hating LP myself but if the Warp4G updates to it then Yes I will. I can make stock based ROMs work for theming but I don't want to fake ppl out thinking they have LP but not the software to back it up. @edodson84 had a nice LP skin for the same device but ppl seemed upset that it wasn't real LP even tho he had done an excellent standup job. Doing it the way I did took FOREVER but I think I got it down.. Got lots of grief from family too, Lmfao. Gotta find the right pngs to change, gotta find the right replacements and resize many to boot, then correctly edit png names - With or WITHOUT decompiling. I'd rather a real CM was made to make easy use of the theme engine but that's quite above my capabilities at the moment.. I'm just a lowly themer not even up to TBO standards (cuz I don't decompile APK's to do this and ppl get disgusted about it.. Too many issues with signatures to chance, IMHO. ). I know it's a flaw in my capabilities but I'm not having to stress F/C's and the like so much in the process. I'm still learning tho and every time I seem to get a slight handle on an OS's system, I'm still 2 OS's behind! Google Needs to quit changing stuff for a few yrs & let everyone else catch up. Can't decompile Google APK's anymore anyways, hence the Play store v4.9. Turds. [emoji12] DarkHorse/Average Joe was livid about it but I was just trying to show that it still could be done without decompiling IF NECESSARY. [emoji41] Lmfao.

What do you mean Multi ROM..?? That real?! New stuff to me I'm unaware of..

Reactions: edodson84
Upvote 0
Oh now that is sex!
Can you give us details please mate?
Glad you liked it. What a warm welcome from a VIP member! Of course I can give all the info on this setup. You know, I'm addicted on customization; since I've discovered the tremendous potential of Android, I've created about 100 custom home screens.
Everything on this particular setup relies on the fantastic Vire Launcher Premium. Vire Labs has released 3 launchers so far, but the only one you find on Play store nowadays is Vire launcher Free, which lacks on the necessary features to build a real home screen. The other 2, Vire premium, and the incredible Vire Urban are descontinued. Urban was (is) a battery hog, ok, but Premium not, and I can't really understand why they took it off. No prob, I know you know how to get it ;) (if you don't, PM me).
When firing up the launcher, almost everything is done. Grab Whicons icon pack from Play Store and set the launcher to use it. Remove dock, and choose Outline style as the preset (Vire comes with some presets, maybe Outline is set by default). The wallpaper I use is from Zedge (sorry, I don't have it in my laptop HD, but if you don't find it, I can upload it and send you by PM). Set the launcher's icon setup to "concave", and icon background to "immerse". be sure you mark the box "resize icons", which gives you freedom to resize all icons, without losing quality. The beauty of Vire is it turns any icon you put on the home screen into a work of art, depending on how you adjust the settings. The clock comes by default, and it's installed as soon as you start the launcher. I just resized it a bit, and turned weather info off (yes, it's a complete widget). It even has a real time reflection, but I think it costs some resources, so I passed it. Oh, and it even has a flippable window, where you can put icons and widgets:
screener_20150702_100754.jpg

That's it. Give this launcher a try. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
Greets from Brazil. Have a good one, mate!

Upvote 0
Cheers from Scotland and you've really got me interested in that launcher. May have to give Nova a break and check it out at the weekend.
Thanks a million for your in depth description man.. Much appreciated.
Take care dude and keep up the hot screens.

(ps I won the VIP thing as a prize so it means nothing lol I'm just a common monkey :thumbsupdroid:

PS so are the premium versions not available anywhere to buy legally bro? Truly discontinued?
I guess F-DROID might have it.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Maldito Canalha
Upvote 0
PS so are the premium versions not available anywhere to buy legally bro? Truly discontinued?
Yes, i'm affraid so. Really don't understand why. But if you take a close look at the gray flip window below the clock, in the picture I posted above, you will notice I've put 8 icons there. See the one at top left? A word for the wise is enough. xD

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones