• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post your Android Desktop

qrphp.png

seen this before how the hell do i use it, lol

thanks for posting also

Upvote 0
Hey guys you all have some really nice looking phones. I've just got my htc desire and I'm really getting frustrated over the wallpapers. How did you guys get your rectangular backgrounds to look so good? The native size on the desire seems to be 960x800 which clearly contradicts the size of the screen.

960x800 is the correct size for the wallpaper since it moves when you slide between screens. Make sure you start off with a nice high resolution picture, they usually look pretty good on the phone. Also you can just load it to your phone-> go to gallery->bring up the picture and set it as wallpaper, it will then allow you to resize the picture for the correct size for the background. Try not to get frustrated, your phone is there so you can have fun with it. Welcome, ask questions and enjoy your phone!

Upvote 0
home.jpg

home

left-1.jpg

left

right-1.jpg

right

a lot of the credit for my inspiration goes to suikka.. i still like his better, but what i got works. since i last posted in here i rooted my droid.. what a beautiful thing! but thats for a different part of the forum.. anyways, we will see how long this one lasts.. i have off from work tomorrow, so i'm thinking not too long..

ps - customizing my droid really cuts into my xbox time.. meh..

Upvote 0
Hi, it's amazing what can be done with android phones. I love the customization (this is one of the things that pulled me away from Iphones).

The problem I have is I do not know how to do a lot of things that most of you have done.

Is there anywhere, or can someone create, a user guide to do the amazing things you've done. Things that need to be included are;
-Programmes to use to create new home screens
-how to create new icons, docks, etc.
-then how to create your own personalised home page using a new homescreen, wallpaper, dock and customised icons..

If this has already been posted then I apologise (please let me know the link to the page/guide).

Like I said, I'm very impressed with what you guys have done, and your knowledge of these things are far beyond me, Its just I want to create one myself.. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Is there anywhere, or can someone create, a user guide to do the amazing things you've done. Things that need to be included are;
-Programmes to use to create new home screens
-how to create new icons, docks, etc.
-then how to create your own personalised home page using a new homescreen, wallpaper, dock and customised icons..

To create a new homescreen wallpaper you need a graphics editor like Photoshop or Gimp ... you can download gimp for free, GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program . You can also find images online or on this site to use as a homescreen background. To use a background you created or found, simply save the image on your sd card, open in, click menu>set as>Wallpaper. The same steps are used to change your lockscreen wallpaper, just select lockscreen instead of wallpaper.

Icons can be created the same way wallpapers are, save them as .png files ... you can also find them online and on this site. To change an icon use an app called desktop visualizer, Desktop Visualizer v1.0.2 Application for Android | Tools .

To change the dock you can use an app called LauncherPro, LauncherPro v0.7.5.1 Application for Android | Productivity . Once set as your launcher, to change the dock select menu>preferences>appearance settings>dock background>custom. You can find dock backgrounds here, LauncherPro Forum • View topic - Share your custom dock backgrounds! . To change an icon in the dock bar, long press the icon and selet change icon.
If you have any more questions, let me know.

Lastley, a great site for finding wallpapers and icons is http://www.deviantart.com/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones