1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Post Your App Idea

1. PhantomTrace

PhantomTrace Well-Known Member

-some1 else stated this idea, but i thought of GTA 4-

Live-Map GPS death match with camera throwing grenades at each other or w.e else!! :p
  2. sleebus.jones

sleebus.jones Well-Known Member

I'd love to see an AIM/MSN/Yahoo IM client that uses GPRS/EDGE/3G instead of our SMS message bucket. Having to pony up and additional $10/mo ($120/year) for unlimited texts kinda sucks.

What would make it even better is to have a component that would allow you to provide your own backend proxy services. Essentially, your computer at home would connect to AIM/whatever and your G1 would connect to your computer. That way you always show up as being online, even if your G1 drops into a no coverage area. While you are not connected, your home computer could queue up messages that would get delivered when you get back into a service area. Conversely, you'd be able to "send" messages when you are in a no coverage area, they'd be queued up and sent out when you got back into a coverage area.

In other words, extremely similar to how the sidekick works, it's just that you provide the backend server, rather than tmobile.
  3. tywhiting

tywhiting New Member

The developers at the launch party said there will be NO desktop sync with the G1. We need a thorough, yet easy way to get our current Contacts, Tasks, Mail, Calendar from our current handset to our new G1. I like the idea of "cloud" syncing but how will we do this?

We need a fool-proof app to sync!
  4. dannyaperez

dannyaperez Member

not sure if this is possible but a garage door opener or keyless entry for my car would be very cool aslo if they teamed up with netflix so i can stream movies from my account and lastly being able to stram sirius to my g1
  5. OrganizedFellow

OrganizedFellow Well-Known Member

Heck yeah!

I can't stand using MS Office, but I do because my smartphone is MS 6.1. And all my contacts are now backed up in Outlook.
    I'm sure there is SOME way of syncing them to Gmail Contacts?!
  6. Pathosis

Pathosis Well-Known Member

A news ticker of events happening locally and a setup that allows alarms for certain events you want to go to.

Ex. I heard In n Out is having its 60th anniversary on Oct 22 (Yes I know G1 DAY! But I'm not sure if it's true) and will be serving Burgers for super cheap. I think around 15 - 50 cents or something like that. Anyways, an example would be that the G1 would have this event on a reel somewhere and I could set an alarm for this, which it will remind me. The GPS will help me find out which is the closest location and so on.

If anyone else understands what I'm saying pleas help me out.. otherwise sorry if I lost you haha.
  7. dannyaperez

dannyaperez Member

I heard about the In n Out Anniversary so i called and they let me know that it was not true just thought that you would like to know that. but that is a cool app idea
  8. Pathosis

really ! it's not true? damn whoever started that rumor was a genius. haha.
  9. SirFenwick

SirFenwick Well-Known Member

Pandora or Last.FM streaming music.
  10. Ramrod215

Ramrod215 New Member

I think a good app idea is to attach an app that uses the barcode scanner to create and confirm a registry(bridal & Baby). You could scan items in and when people get em they can scan them out.
  11. OrganizedFellow

OH YEAH!!!
    Great idea!

I hope some developer reads this *cough* someone? *cough* please? *cough*

Maybe even add things to an Amazon Wishlist? NewEgg?
    Could even shop and compare, and if the price IS cheaper on Amazon/NewEgg/insert-fave-online-merchant-here, create a wishlist?!
  12. Scamp

Scamp Active Member

Interesting idea...

There was an article on CNN today about a new service. It's aimed at teen drivers and essentially turns off their phone any time they are moving at "car speeds". While I can see a lot of problems with the concept (what if they are a passenger, on a bus, etc....) it is an interesting idea.

The article talks about it being developed as a service from providers for something like $10-20/month but I bet you could build the same functionality into an android phone as an application.
  13. Pathosis

I'm not sure if this is possible but I think a Radio tuner would be nice. ;) Listen to music without sticking anything to the phone or car. ;)
  14. GODMODE

GODMODE Well-Known Member

Personally, I would like to see a software KB, just as aan alternative to sliding up the [excellent] hardware KB all the time - say, for instance, quick jabs back for SMS messages, etc.
  15. Ratteler

Ratteler Member

Lets see....

I want a port of...
    Inkscape.
    GIMP.
    Vice - Commodore 64 Emulator.
    VLC

And if you REALLY want to blow my sox off.... Art of Illusion 3D modeler.

And of course... an Office suite close to OpenOffice.

If I got all that.... I could probably ditch my PC!!! :D
  16. Jake

Jake Active Member

I seriously look into 'Staying connected' to EVERYTHING from my Mobile device so I am hoping I wont have to rely on Webapps for Twitter, Facebook, Pownce, etc. Even a SocialThing! type of app would be amazing. I just want to see these native on the platform :D
  17. Shoo

Shoo Active Member

that is the money shot.
    Great idea.

Unfortunately most companies these days don't post their location...Or you can't just walk in looking for a job..

Expect you are talking about Burger King.

But I see how this can work.
    newbie25 likes this.
  18. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Agreed.

newbie25 likes this.
  19. Shoo

Shoo Active Member

The phone has no receive HW.
    Internet Radio? I am sure there will be many
    newbie25 likes this.
  20. Shoo

Shoo Active Member

Let's add Microwave, hair drier, washer and Toaster
    :D
  21. OrganizedFellow

How bout a ***** Magnet?
    newbie25 likes this.
  22. Mrqwebb2

Mrqwebb2 Well-Known Member

Hey i'm just throwing another idea out there. How about a program that records your voice and writes down what you say?? Maybe as a text or in an email while your are driving(for those who would rather NOT talk to the person)I figured maybe it can have a dictionary stored which includes pronunciations with every word so I'm wondering if this is feasible? I'm sure it will run into problems with some wprds that aren't in the dictionary and for some with a accent...Maybe take it a step further and have it translate what you say into another language?! I'm sure that would be easy once the app had what you said written. Again I'll note this might already be in production or it might be years away from being a possibility. What do you think?
    newbie25 likes this.
  23. porquepine

porquepine Well-Known Member

Ok, I do not know about the rest of you, but I am frankly tired of the "Unidentified" calls and then of course the calls that you do not want to accept, such as old girlfriends etc and they continue to contact you. Most cell phones do not have the option to block a number from contacting you. I would love the ability to block certain numbers, unidentified or anonymous numbers and only take the calls I desire to take!
    newbie25 and ebusinesstutor like this.
  24. johnkzin

johnkzin Well-Known Member

Take that app that lets you compare product prices by taking pictures of the bar code (smartshop or something like that?) and let it simply track your purchases while you're in a store. You tell it what store you're in, and as you throw things into your shopping cart, you first take a picture of the bar code and then tell it how many you're buying. It should be able to track sales tax, etc.

It should also have a mode where you can use items in your pantry, or items from online databases, to build a shopping list. Bonus if you can tell it, over time, where in the store that item is located, so that when you come back for future shopping trips, it will order your shopping list accordingly. That way you don't have to hunt back and forth from aisle to aisle to make sure you got everything on your list (nor will you have a bunch of missed items at the end of your trip, forcing you to go back through the store to find them), nor do you have to scan through your list to make sure you got everything from the current aisle.
    newbie25, dyaa and DCGatorGal like this.
  25. johnkzin

johnkzin Well-Known Member

Someone just wrote an interesting app for Maemo (Nokia's linux for its N810 "internet tablet") called BlueMaemo.

I'd modify it as follows:

1) doesn't currently work with Mac OS X -- add that.
    2) add support for remote devices that support Bluetooth BIP (specifically, the ability of a BIP device to remotely display its screen).

Now you can remotely display another device's screen on your Android device, and use your keyboard to type on it, and use your screen as a trackpad for it.

And, one more: make it so that Android can support Bluetooth HID and BIP as well, so that you can port that app to run on Windows/Mac/Linux, and remotely control your Android phone from your desktop or laptop computer.
    newbie25, dyaa and devu like this.