Post Your App Idea

1. droid99999

droid99999 Active Member

Search for credit card and a few come up. I don't know the details of their workings.

2. neumannator

neumannator Well-Known Member

chipotle app so i can make my order and pay for it on my droid! icant do that but iphone can
  3. posphone

posphone New Member

Hi all,

I would like to find a daily diary app that has a search and tally to tell me how many times I did something this week or how many times I did that this year.
    I am contractor and often need to work hourly and I see many clients in one day. I would be nice to keep track of how many hours I have at the end of a job. Kind of like a mobile quicken.
  4. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

There are quite a few "timecard" apps on the market, but I havent tried any of them.

Edit: if you try some please post back here and let us all know what you think :)

5. aleung2

aleung2 New Member

When I found the GPS speedo I thought it was great. I then looked for a 0-60mph timer but there is none.

Please please pleeeaaassseeee can some wiz kid design one. That would be the ultimate in coolness.
  6. mhoepfin

mhoepfin Member

I have written this app -

It also:
    -Lets you select which calendars to monitor, including by free/busy time.
    -Whether to vibrate or be silent
    -Send a quick SMS reply to folks that call you when you are in a meeting

All this in a convenient widget.

Please see "Vibrate During Meetings" in the Market.

Thanks!
    Mike
  7. superglen99

superglen99 Active Member

there is an app that does that free called adyno, it has 0-60mph as well as skidpad and other useful feartures! pretty sweet!
  8. rfgleas

rfgleas Member

Need a notes app in gmail!
  9. gizbug

gizbug Well-Known Member

Airline Pilot logbook app for Android OS. Desperately waiting...................
  10. Appventive

Appventive Well-Known Member

Send me an email at support@appventive.com detailing what you need and I'll see what I can do. I'm a private pilot, but not familiar with what an Airline pilot would need.

Cheers,
    Steve
  11. rlittle66

rlittle66 Active Member

Yea you are looking for the Free program called "Locale" it lets you set up situations by time, location (including GPS) & Date and you configure the setting of the situation. works fantastic.

A couple of my situations:
    When I get to work the ringer turns off and the phone will vibrate. I set up the court situation so that the ringer and vibration turn off so, anytime I am in that GPS location this will take place on my phone.
  12. gizbug

gizbug Well-Known Member

13. SamFen

SamFen Active Member

I love the idea of Visual Voicemail, but I don't want to pay a stupid monthly fee to Verizon to enable it on my new Droid.

Why doesn't someone come up with an app that replicates this?

1) Give the app your voicemail passcode.
    2) When you have a new voicemail (do the apps have access to this info? If not, call every x minutes to poll), call the voicemail automatically, record/download the messages
    3) Voil
  14. DevSL

DevSL Member

Just wanted to let you know there is something very similar to this "Free Christmas List" and "Christmas List" Free version has ads and no password protection. Normal Version doesn't have ads and has a password screen.
  15. droid99999

droid99999 Active Member

I'd like to see someone come out with a widget that can dynamically show events from my Outlook (Touchdown) and personal calendars.
  16. maddmatt02

maddmatt02 Well-Known Member

17. SamFen

SamFen Active Member

I totally forgot about this. Yes, it is possible to send your voice mails to your google voice number. It won't be as simple as the Visual Voicemail app (someone should STILL come up with that free version!), but it will probably do.

Thanks!
  18. reznorfan0

reznorfan0 Well-Known Member

If you sign up for the version of google voice that works with your mobil number, it does work wonderfully as a visual voice mail. I have it and love it. Also gives you a text trancsript of the voicmail message (not always completely accurate, but you know if you want to listen to it or not).

Otherwise, there is an app called phone fusion that works quite well. Once I got my google voice invite I uninstalled but it worked great, just figured the more google stuff i had on my google phone the better.

Cheers
  19. reznorfan0

Now for the reason I came into this thread. It's been posted elseware, but constant reminders are needed for an app this critical to the survival of mankind. Where in the Heck (that's right, a capital "H", I do mean business) is an atari 2600 emulator?!?!???!??

If I had the time & talent (I have niether) I would have made three already, I can't believe there are gamegear emulators in existence, but nobody has yet done the 2600.
  20. NCKK

NCKK Well-Known Member

I'm thinkin' we need a baseball app. Something where you hit a funny looking apple through a multi colored window. In sort of a home run derby sort of fasion...maybe this is the wrong place for that though...:D
  21. cranky_dan

cranky_dan Well-Known Member

Try Missed Call. I use it. Some of the native apps won't let you change their notification methods/colors, and those you'll have to work around.

With Missed Call, I have different color LED notifications for txts, emails, and voicemsgs.

Missed Call will let you change the notification for *some* apps, as long as you disable the notification *within* that app. For example, I get a fast blue led for txts, because I disabled notifications in Handcent.

Good luck
    Dan
  22. SamFen

SamFen Active Member

You can't get your existing phone number as your Google Voice phone number can you yet?
  23. reznorfan0

When i got my google voice invite, I got the choice of using google voice with my current mobile number or getting a brand new google voice number. Each had different advantages, it was hard to pick because I wanted the free texting that you get with the new gv number, but I'm not in a position to hassle all of my contacts with texting me at a new number. So I went with using with my existing number.

If you choose it with your existing number, it works as a visual voicemail and online hub. I figure it is only a matter of time before google starts offering free texting with this package as well, so that is what I took.

As I said before, phone fusion is a visual voicemail app that works very well. My only annoyance with it is that it flags you with the app itself, it also sends you a text that you got a new vm, and i think an email too, i hate redundancy, with google you can shut all that off.
  24. JDuc

JDuc Well-Known Member

I'm astonished that there's not more of a request for Quicken/Money sync!
  25. KoG

KoG Member

I would love to see a Disc Golf app. Basically like the high-end Ball Golf apps on the Market, complete with Course Maps, measurements in ft. and a friendly interface. There is a data base of most current courses at PDGA.com and DiscGolfCourseReview.com.

I've been using GolfScoreCard Lite to keep score, but it's mediocre at best for Disc Golf.