Post Your App Idea

1. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

I was wondering if there is an app that organizes the App List/Launcher? I'm not a big fan of just the alphabetical view when I am trying to find an app and need to go though 70 apps. I am using 'app organizer' at the moment since it's the closest thing I've found to what I'm looking for. Would any of the Home Launcher do this? I know Helix Launcer and LaucherPro don't do this but was wondering if the other ones do (Home++, sweeter home etc)

Thanks,
    Roze
  2. johnnyboy1549

johnnyboy1549 Well-Known Member

i think the flash game n and or n+ would be awesome if turned into an android app. ... just sayin.
  3. nickporwal

nickporwal Well-Known Member

HTC is providing in built flashlight App in their HTC wildfire.
    I hope someone could extract that and make that app for other android phones also.
  4. Richiebob2

Richiebob2 New Member

Hello all,

I actually have two questions. One, I am new to the Droid and am looking for a good Speed Dial app? any suggestions and two, my wife has a droid as well and was using calorie counter to do her grocery shopping as it had a scanner function that would tell her how many points the item is while shopping. Calorie counter removed that function and my wife is looking for a replacement. I apologize if i duplicated a prior post. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  5. inmate717

inmate717 New Member

My app idea is not new but should be simple. I think you should have an app that lets you control what ringtones alerts etc from your pc that way you could see your whole list of contacts and just basically drag and drop to certain groups / ringtones etc
  6. belly_76

belly_76 Member

Not really a new app but I hope they transfer the SAS survival guide to android as its only available for the Iphone at the moment
  7. gefahr

gefahr New Member

8. hobbesy

hobbesy New Member

Hi Guys,

My first post so hopefully you'll all be gentile ;)

I have an idea for an app and was wondering if there was anywhere to go that would help me? I have read and watched tutorials but I never written code before and it looks a little out of my league :confused:

I want a calendar that shows my shift pattern, I work in the London Fire Brigade and use a rolling eight day shift, this uses colours to denote watch patterns ie Red, Blue, White and Green.

I have transferred an Excel file from the computer but when I look at it on the HTC Desire it looses all the colours.

Many thanks

Rob
  9. red97xj

red97xj Well-Known Member

my friend has an iphone and the only app he has that i want is called realtor.com

Is there an android version?
  10. Norwegian1

Norwegian1 Active Member

Is there any chance that we will see an android version of Iphone's iboost app? That would make my day :)
  11. fallonjp

fallonjp Member

With the Sprint Hero now receiving the update to 2.1 it would be nice to have an app that could shut off the vibrate/pulse when placing on outgoing call. I know it's little but it couldn't be more irritating.
  12. DROIDdidME

DROIDdidME Well-Known Member

I would like for Redbox to come out with an Android version! All they have is an App for the I Phone....LAME
  13. ncimino

ncimino New Member

Please, please, please! I just want an IMDB app similar to the IMDB app for the I phone. One in wich enables the user to surf from actor to director to film to cast.....:... the current IMDB pay app is a joke. Ive been considerinh buying an I touch just for that app.
  14. eggs

eggs Member

Can someone please make a good Instapaper app. for Android.
  15. manderle

manderle Well-Known Member

How about an app to display photos like a digital picture frame - full screen and cycles through a set list (Like Google's screensaver does) Be great for times I have my phone charging and doing nothing. Yes I sometimes set it up so it looks like a clock (Digital Clock by Social & Mobile)
  16. fredcanfly

fredcanfly New Member

I would love to see development on an app that allows your Anroid device to hook to a Play-on server. Hulu, Netflix, and MLB (streaming video) would be sweet on my Android. Play-on is developing iPhone app for this, but I don't want iPhone (spoken like a true Android fanboy - I wear the title proudly). As of right now, they have no plans for Android - although they "might be interested in developing it in the future". Would gladly donate to any project working on this/pay money for the app. Thank you.
  17. andrewb_nz

andrewb_nz New Member

I want an app that can answer a call from a home/business security system and interpret the message/tones in the Contact ID Protocol
  18. Scythe

Scythe Well-Known Member

I emailed Redbox to try and build an app for them, but they will not give me access to their API. There is an app on the market which does interface with Redbox, called Redboxer (I believe).
  19. Scythe

Scythe Well-Known Member

eBay has an app...called "eBay" in the shopping category.
    GESwan likes this.
  20. 02keilj

02keilj Well-Known Member

A decent texas hold em app.
    All the ones ive found so far are shit :(
  21. Tyrian

Tyrian New Member

Zillow is a real good app when looking to buy/rent homes/apts.
  22. How about a live wallpaper app that uses the live camera view as a background!
  23. Smiles

Smiles Active Member

Is there an app for the jerks in the theaters that believe the world revolves around them? That is, something that would darken the entire screen and perhaps change text to a dark red? Red flashlights are used in aircraft cabins, supposedly to prevent night blindness. Perhaps if the option was there, people could continue their text addiction without lighting up their entire row and causing me to seize their phone and throw it out the door.
  24. JZAJZZ

JZAJZZ Active Member

I want a widget that shows NOTIFICATIONS instead of going through the notification tray... just have them all show on a widget on the homescreen instead..
  25. shermas

shermas Member

This is going to sound lame, but I want more gaming apps. I feel like the iPod store has a pretty good selection of games and the Droid market is really lacking.

I wish some of the big companies (ESPN, CBS, MLB) etc, would start giving Droid the same apps they give Apple. In many cases, we're getting the slimmed down version of apps.