• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post your best linpack/benchmarks here.

At first, my battery was being sucked dry faster than I've ever seen. I was used to the great battery life I used to get from Zen. Then I noticed I'd turned on Wifi but hadn't set it up to use my router. Once I did that, it stopped looking for a router and my battery life is pretty good now. I unplugged it from the wall last night at 100% and when I woke up, it had gone down 5%. Not as good as Zen was for battery, but the speed and features are worth it.

Upvote 0
Getting 4.92 running buufed 2.1.2;) Man is this rom smooth, no bugs at all :)

the numbers are cool...but honestly - i'm using an outdated ROM and its literally 3X as smooth and fast as any of the new Fresh Roms i've messed with and Zen. so what does this number actually mean? it seems its just a number? please explain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LINPACK

i read this...ok. but does this benchmark really equal smoothness and speed? from my experience it doesn't seem like it does based off the ROMs i've messed with etc.

Upvote 0
the numbers are cool...but honestly - i'm using an outdated ROM and its literally 3X as smooth and fast as any of the new Fresh Roms i've messed with and Zen. so what does this number actually mean? it seems its just a number? please explain.

LINPACK - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i read this...ok. but does this benchmark really equal smoothness and speed? from my experience it doesn't seem like it does based off the ROMs i've messed with etc.

Linpack benchmarks don't directly indicate total speed and smoothness, more raw computing power when pushed to the limit. Problem is, in my experience, any Linpack on a Hero that hits over 3.5ish was obtained by enabling jit, and the benefits of using jit, in 2.1 roms at least, are rarely seen as you have to really push the CPU to see any benefit out of it.

Upvote 0
Linpack benchmarks don't directly indicate total speed and smoothness, more raw computing power when pushed to the limit. Problem is, in my experience, any Linpack on a Hero that hits over 3.5ish was obtained by enabling jit, and the benefits of using jit, in 2.1 roms at least, are rarely seen as you have to really push the CPU to see any benefit out of it.

yah...see. this is my thing. all this stuff means nothing to me. in the end, some ROMS work GREAT on some ppls hero's...and they don't work as well on others. numbers don't mean as much...its just try and see for me. i dunno... as long as it has the wifi's and bigger gbs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones