• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Post your FULL SETUP: Kernel/ROM/Radio

i don't know what's up with those of you having issues, but i'm at just over 8.5 hrs off the charger now and i'm still at 48% w/ king #2, w/ what i'd consider moderate-to-heavy usage (but more on the moderate side). look a little further up the thread for my setcpu settings...

w/o any tweaking my battery would be just about dead by now...

I just don't know, dude. I wonder if there's certain combinations of radio/ROM/kernel that work REALLY well and some that don't. Like if you have Sky/King/2.05 you're awesome, but Sky/King/2.15 it's bad. Meanwhile Frankenrom/King/2.15 and Sky/Hydra/2.15 are great or something. That's why I started this thread.

Logically, there's NO reason why two Incredibles, both rooted and wiped, then flashed with the same ROMs, should have different results. Yet here we are.

Upvote 0
Unrevoked Forever S-off
ROM: Skyraider 2.5.2
Kernel: Hydrakernel1.0 overclocked 1.13ghz
Radio: 2.15
This is the first time I have posted something on one of these forums, but I have been reading closely to all the threads and everthing I have learned in here has helped me out a lot. I have tried almost all of the roms out right now and I would have to say I think Skyraider 2.5.2 sense is the most stable and cleanest one out. I do have to say though I love Cyanogen 6, its pretty awesome how customizable the rom is and I love the built in usb and wifi tethering option.

Upvote 0
I just don't know, dude. I wonder if there's certain combinations of radio/ROM/kernel that work REALLY well and some that don't. Like if you have Sky/King/2.05 you're awesome, but Sky/King/2.15 it's bad. Meanwhile Frankenrom/King/2.15 and Sky/Hydra/2.15 are great or something. That's why I started this thread.

Logically, there's NO reason why two Incredibles, both rooted and wiped, then flashed with the same ROMs, should have different results. Yet here we are.

Well, as another point of reference: I'm at 47% right now. 9 hrs, 10 mins off the charger, discharging from 95%. I did add a few other profiles to SetCPU to step down gradually at 75%, 70% and 60% battery...

Upvote 0
Kernel: King's #2
ROM: FrankenRom B5
Radio: 2.15
SetCPU: 1190/245 conservative

I've been running overclocked for about three days now without any problems. Battery life is a tad better than it was when I first got my phone. My quadrant scores are usually anywhere from 1450 to 1550 and every now and then I'll get a 1600. I've tried every possible ROM/Kernal configuration and this setup seems to work best.

Upvote 0
My battery has improved over the hydra kernals but I'm not sure if it is just because of setCPU. Considering kings actually works with setCPU. I have a screen off profile with powersave scaling and 245 max. My battery usually lasts about 11 hours with normal use. I browse the internet a little, stream pandora 15 minutes to and from work, and text throughout the day. I rarely have gps or wifi enabled.

Upvote 0
I've been rooted for quite some time, but still mostly stock other than the undervolted Hydra kernel. I'm considering doing the full S-off, new radio, new kernel, new ROM. I've been watching this thread to get ideas on what works for others, but I've noticed a lack of something that seems very important.

To wit: it would be much more helpful, when posting about your battery life with your custom combination, to describe it in comparison to your original stock setup. Kind of like Danny did here:
Battery life is a tad better than it was when I first got my phone.
See, this is useful. Posting that you're at 47% after 9:10 isn't really helpful (though appreciated) if you don't correlate it to what your battery life was like previously.

As an example, with my setup (rooted, stock 2.1 Sense, undervolted kernel) I get about 52 hours out of a charge (I'm admittedly a light user). See how the above post doesn't help me? Now, if Crackers8199 (sorry, not singling you out, just using you as an example) had posted that his phone would have been at 30% battery with the stock ROM/radio at 9:10, it would have shown a measurable improvement. Without that comparison, the battery numbers are kind of meaningless.

Just an observation. Carry on!

Upvote 0
Kernel: King's #3
ROM: Skyraider 2.5.2 Vanilla
Radio: 2.15 (unrEVOked forever to get this)
SetCPU: 1113/245 ondemand, set profile for screen off to 499/245 powersave

Just installed King's #3 yesterday, so still seeing what the battery life does. Before that used King's #2. Use phone mostly for text/data, pretty heavy off and on throughout the day. Maybe one or two calls a day, 15 to 20 minutes each. With King's #2 I could easily make it a day and a half (30 hours, so close), so I am curious to see what happens with King's #3. At the 30 hour mark I had to charge it, it was at 20% at the time, I needed to use SkyDroid Golf GPS later that day, so I wanted a full charge.

Quadrant from upper 1200's to upper 1300's, Linpack from 37 to 40.

Reactions: Ptriz21
Upvote 0
Use the King #3. I'm just blown away at the battery life.
I was reading some issues on boot loops with #3 but decided to go with it after your post. No loops for me, installed flawlessly. I'll monitor with my stock 1300 today. Problem is that I play around with it so much it's hard to tell for sure. And to think that SR 3.0 will be out any day. Hope I don't have to do a full wipe, although I did buy Titanium premium.

Hey did you buy Rom Manager full? Been donating like a drunken sailor these days. But man, it's fun stuff.

Upvote 0
Radio: 2.05
Kernel: HTC
ROM: 8/1 Froyo Sense OTA leak

Been running this for about three to four days now and it appears to be slightly slower than the 7/31 leak. With the 7/31 I never scored below a 1200 in Quadrant; with the 8/1 leak I'm running in the 1000-1100 range. Not liking it as much as the 7/31, seems a lot more buggy, but the battery life appears to be equal to 7/31.

I'm thinking of sticking with this one for a week, then going unrEVOked Forever, 2.15 radio, FrankenROM and I haven't made up my mind on which Kernel yet. Taking suggestions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones