• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your Home Screen Captures

What dock are you using by the way?
No dock - I use the no dock option on ADW EX - use swipe gesture to pull up a 'hidden dock' is an option I use when I don't feel like a lot of icons, and widgets - those are widgets, not actual icons - aren't allowed in most dock areas I know of. These are just widgets applied on the lowest row of space on the screen. I think it's 4x6 rows, no notification bar - lots more usable space.

Upvote 0
@ frontlinestraw

Woah, best compliment on my homescreen ever-thanks! And boy, you're fast with the comments! I was just getting ready to edit with what I used, i just had to make sure the pix worked first.
Anyway here we go:
ADW Ex launcher
Minimalistic Text for the top banners w/ Arista light 2.0 font
Simiclock w/ weather and battery
The categories down the side of the homescreen are folder links for the app Folder Organizer, with icons made with the Simple Text Icon app (Arista light font again)
The facebook and schedule widgets are a new app I just found-Android Pro Widgets. I also have Colorize widgets,but I really like APW and I believe it's a cheaper app. The rss reader widget is called Minimal Reader and the weather is Beautiful Widgets.
Edit: forgot to add- dock icons are from the ADW Elegant theme

hi, great homescreen. one question. how did you hide the icon text underneath each folder link on the side of the homescreen?

Upvote 0
hi, great homescreen. one question. how did you hide the icon text underneath each folder link on the side of the homescreen?

ADW EX launcher has option to hide app labels.... I think that applies to folder links too. I'm pretty sure all custom launchers have the option to hide the labels. If not, try SimiFolder instead of folder organizer -that's what I'm using now, and I think it might have an option for how it displays (not positive tho)

Upvote 0
snap20110804142218.jpg

snap20110804142224.jpg

Upvote 0
The last screens for my Optimus V, which is now my mom's.
mpcolorscreen3.png

She doesn't really get the app drawer thing, so I made big icons and folders for her. SMS Unreadcount mod blue, Brilliant Quotes, Fancy Widget weather, Minimalistic Text, Music Mod that really should be resized once I completely understand xml, and some big icons that need work/suggestions and look better on my new Triumph. :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
specifically i use LP Sense UI which is a modded version of LauncherPro

works better than using a custom dock background in regular LP since the buttons aren't "baked in" to the background so scrolling the docks gives you a blank sense dock background without the buttons and the buttons actually highlight green when pressed

only downside is the most recent LP Sense UI is based on LP 0.8.4.1 and not 0.8.6 so anything fixed or added since 0.8.4.1 is not in LP Sense UI (like the bug where hidden apps reappear in the app drawer after updating requiring a restart of the launcher) also there is a bug in the current version (1.5.0.3) where if you have the facebook app installed it won't let you login to facebook for the widget... the workaround is to uninstall the FB app, login, then reinstall FB app

Upvote 0
snap20110807_060252.png

I think I'll stick with this one for awhile.. haven't been able to find anything that I like lately until now. And sadly I've yet to find anything that suits me for the lock-screen. The lock icon on the dock links to WidgetLocker, which of course locks the screen. :p

LauncherPro Plus
BobClockD3
Beautiful Widgets
BattStatt Pro
Missed It
Dock & Wallpaper by Krokiart
phone, mail, text, and lock icons by me.
Font is Caviar Dreams

All I can say is WOW. This is a wonderful setup you have!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones