Post your homescreen!General

Last Updated: 2014-03-21 17:34:06
  1. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

@ Isaac I used Go Launcher EX and followed this video by ColdFustion. He moves through it pretty quick but you can always hit pause.

Coldfustion's Android 3D UI Tutorial [Galaxy Note 2]

Also, if you choose to do it this way, when you set up the # of home screens your going to add 1, 2, 4, 6, & 8....noticed I skipped some #'s. The video doesn't make that clear. Figured it out thru trial and error.

Also, in the video he'll tell you what settings he went with but you'll notice those settings he "choose" were already set by default- something else he doesn't mention.

Advertisement
    wcraft71 likes this.
  2. aentropy

aentropy Active Member

I want to do this as well and loved his video. BUT, I will be using my phone in portrait mode and not typically turning it sideways. Will it look bad? I know you CAN do it but have you been able to find a way to make each screen look good in portrait and landscape?
  3. ScandaLeX

After doing this everything was in landscape. I vaguely remember seeing a setting for portrait. When I redo it again I'll try to remember to look for that.

EDIT: GO Launcher - preferances - application setting (home screen tab) - screen orientation (set it to auto since you said you prefer portrait)
    aentropy likes this.
  4. NJRonbo

NJRonbo Well-Known Member

Wow.

I am going to try this. The YouTube video looks sick.

Right now I am using Nova launcher. Hate to depart from that, but if uninstalling it is what I have to do to make my Android look anything but basic, so be it.
  5. aentropy

aentropy Active Member

Awesome thanks. Good it is an option, but does it look good in portrait?
  6. NJRonbo

I would also like to know if it looks good in portrait mode as well.

Finally, I would expect I need to uninstall the Nova Launcher Prime I have installed>?++?
  7. ScandaLeX

Actually it does. Me, I prefer the landscape look.
    If you'd rather use Nova, my only suggestion is to watch the video and see if those same settings exist in Nova.
  8. NJRonbo

I will look at Nova this weekend and see if the same settings exist.

If anyone is presently using Nova and can confirm if the settings exist, it would be greatly appreciated.
  9. ScandaLeX

It would take watching the video so keep in mind this won't be an immediate answer if no one has done it yet.
  10. miss_vickies

miss_vickies Well-Known Member

my home screen.. pretty simple :)

Attached Files:

11. ScandaLeX

@ Miss V~ is that a theme you're using? I love the way "android' sits. Been using an app trying to get my name to show up like that on my screen but having no luck.
    Caloy likes this.
  12. miss_vickies

wayyyy simpler than that :) just a background... looked neat so i added it
  13. ScandaLeX

I remembered this time around.

[​IMG]
  14. miss_vickies

hey how come you are running Go Launcher already... didnt like the stock? I got Nova installed but am not running it yet...
  15. ScandaLeX

I actually have all the launchers. Just wanted to try the video I linked above which required Go.
  16. miss_vickies

is there a huge difference? i want to launch Nova... but i havent learned all about stock yet lol
  17. ScandaLeX

@ Miss V ~ I'm still learning this phone. I normally get bored with phones within the first 6 months and will then go the root route; but this one.....WOW! There's SO much to do with it.

I've been using it stock but the customizing intrigued me enough to do it.
  18. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I did mine pretty much stock. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  19. ScandaLeX

All of them have the +'s and -'s. Believe me, there's nothing wrong with sticking to stock until your comfortable enough to try something else. I've met some android users who've never changed anything about their phone. It was stock to the day the phone stopped working.

In a small way I was like at when I had the Motorola Photon. Every now and again a phone comes out that just a joy to use without going crazy doing things to it. The Note 2 is another one of those phones.
  20. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Already done launchers as well as rooting, not my cup of tea. For me presently it's more about the functionality and less about the esthetics. But that's just me. =)
  21. reburner

reburner Member

Can you elaborate on this bit. As you will have seen earlier in this thread I set up my note as per ColdFustions tutorial but i'm not sure what you are talking about here???!!!
  22. ScandaLeX

Per his tutorial when Cold added home screens he skipped odd numbers.
  23. reburner

reburner Member

Why?
  24. ScandaLeX

I have an idea why, but I don't know why it wasn't explained. My idea has to do with the transitioning once you place the widgets. Instead of each page turning like say a book, each one flips in and out of each other while the widget looks like the odd number page. Hope that makes sense....it did in my head.

At 08:17 of his tutorial you'll see this- which shows he skipped odd numbers.

[​IMG]
  25. lillygirl7

lillygirl7 Well-Known Member

How do I change the color of the calendar bar? iIs there a theme I can download? I like yours because it'sbblac . Mine isbbrown. That's the one thing I miss most about HTC and all of their stock customizations.