Apex Launcher
    Nox icon pack
    Light Grid LWP
    Yahoo! Weather
    News360

[​IMG]
  3. Sturmdroid

Sturmdroid Member

Just curious where you are finding your alternative wallpapers? I went on to Zedge and they don't have the Droid MAXX yet. Is there a good substitute for it?

Thanks in advance for your help.
  4. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

You can use any picture. When you select it, it gives you a crop tool to adjust the size to whatever you want. It doesn't have to be specifically set up for the Maxx.
  5. Sturmdroid

Sturmdroid Member

Thanks, didn't know about the crop tool. My Rezound did not have one. This should make it easier.
  6. Somniferum

Somniferum Well-Known Member

Ideally you want 1440x1280 resolution to fit the 720p screen perfectly with no cropping or stretching. If you search Google Images for "1440x1280 wallpaper" you will find tons of them. Another good source is the Moto X wallpapers, which you can download here.
  7. Sturmdroid

Sturmdroid Member

Thanks. That helps getting the right size. Appreciate it.
  8. Sturmdroid

Sturmdroid Member

Okay first attempt to post a picture here. I notice it asks for a url. I just have it on my computer where should I put the image to post it. I do not have a facebook account, or many of these other accounts so this is a first for me.
  9. chrisv79

chrisv79 Well-Known Member

Trying something more minimal

[​IMG]
  10. Somniferum

You need a service that hosts pics online. There are tons of options but I use Dropbox mainly, you can get a free account and upload pics to the Public folder, then right click or long press on the file to get the public url.
  11. Sturmdroid

Sturmdroid Member

Thanks, I did not know that and I have a dropbox account.

Here is my first attempt at a different homescreen.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36645872/Screenshot_2013-09-13-14-18-23.png

It is pirate themed as we have been playing a lot of pirate board and card games at the house. Jamaica and Libertalia are easily our favorites because they are fast and easy.

Now I just have to find some different icons. Working on that. Thank you everyone for your help on this.
  12. Somniferum

Nice! Unfortunately you won't be able to change icons unless you use a custom launcher, and the Droid Command Center widget won't work with custom launchers which is kind of a bummer. There are lots of other clock and weather widgets out there though if you decide to go that route.
  13. Sturmdroid

Sturmdroid Member

Thanks for the thoughts. I wish manufacturer's would let you at least change the icons, like they do the wallpaper. It doesn't affect the functionality of the phone. Who knows some brave manufacturer in the future may consider this:)
  14. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

There are apps that allow you to change icons.

In this case, the author of the widget specifically tests for the native launcher and if it doesn't find it it throws an error message.

I use Nova Launcher Prime and it is simply great.

... Thom
  15. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

New one

Attached Files:

16. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

Couple more tweaks for me.

[​IMG]

I took the stock Droid Eye wallpaper and used the on-board image processing and altered the hue.

The icons are "Black and Purple" by Stealthychief.
    HD Widgets.
    Nova Launcher.
    Circle Battery.
  17. Trooper

Here is my latest.

Attached Files:

18. Trooper

Changed it up a little bit.

Attached Files:

19. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

Noob questions I have here... what icons are you using?
  20. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

My screenshots are always .png files that I suck into an editor on the PC and convert to .jpg files for uploading.

Have you found a way to take .jpg screenshots?

... Thom
  21. Somniferum

Rocking the Galaxy Note 3 wallpaper and Axis icons (same icons as Trooper is using for those who were wondering):

[​IMG]
    330D likes this.
  22. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

I dig nova and these icons... thanks fellas!

Attached Files:

23. rabidhunter

rabidhunter Well-Known Member Contributor

Better hide that stuff. BTW SKOL Vikings!!! Just kidding, always a friendly rivalry.
  24. Somniferum

Found a new icon pack called Stealth that I'm loving. Works well with Sunbeam LWP.

[​IMG]
  25. rabidhunter

rabidhunter Well-Known Member Contributor

Just got a code for Themer

[​IMG]

Attached Files: