• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post your Homescreens!

Mr Lucky, what's the launcher icons and widgets?
It's a couple of paid apps, a heavily modified (by me) Holozoop widget and Mador icon pack. Both of these are from the same developer. The Holozoop skin is free, but it requires the Pro version of Zooper widget. There's also a free version of Mador (HD Dark), but it's much more limited, and the icon insets are larger.

Thanks for your feedback.

Upvote 0
The latest look. Second image shows the hidden menu that pops up when the Home soft-key is long-pressed.
Screenshot_2015-02-14-20-32-28.png Screenshot_2015-02-14-20-32-36.png

Upvote 0
Radical departure - I've always liked the live nature wallpapers, but never really thought they were practical… until now. With Lucid Launcher Pro and App Settings, it's possible to have a completely clean homescreen without sacrificing easy access to your phone's apps, widgets, and icons.

Lucid Launcher takes some getting used to, since it's a completely different approach to handling screens in Android. Homescreens are accessed by swiping vertically; the default screen can be top, bottom, or anywhere in between. I have three, with the default in the middle (image 1). Swiping from either the top or bottom edge reveals the notification and navigation bars (image 2) for 3 seconds. This is achieved by setting Lucid to "immersive mode" in App Settings. Swiping L-R reveals the equivalent of the standard app drawer (image 3). Swiping L-R from the left edge reveals the scrollable sidebar (image 4), which replaces the standard dock. It's also accessible by tapping the 3-bar icon in the top left "drawer" action bar. Swiping R-L reveals the built-in browser (image 5), which is every bit as good as Dolphin, except it doesn't do Flash.
home.png bars.png drawer.png sidebar.png browser.png

Lucid Launcher does themes, and has a ton of other options. I'm not ready to give up Nova Prime just yet, but this will be fun to play with for awhile!

Upvote 0
I like a clean look....
Hi Ranhead, how did you get your folders to look like icons?

n5.jpg

I cannot wait for a good KitKat rom so I can do something with the notification bar. But so far: Nova launcher, the center icon is Google Search and the others are folders ...... left to right: phone apps, common apps, games and internet apps. (The wallpaper is a jellyfish pic I took at the Camden Aquarium -- I like using my own pics for wallpaper.)

Upvote 0
how did you get your folders to look like icons?
Just about any third-party launcher can do that (e.g., Nova, Lucid, Apex)… and usually also allow use of either icons from a separate icon pack (e.g., "Lucent Remix" that I noted in my post just above yours) or individual icons stored on your device.

Upvote 0
Latest…
Screenshot_2015-03-13.png

I like the look, but not sure about the new weather widget. As you may know, many weather widgets stopped working because they use the same weather source, and that source is having problems this past week. The one shown here (1weather) works fine, but the appearance isn't as customizable as others, and it's a bit of a battery hog. All my apps are readily available (though hidden) by swiping from the left edge (using SideControl) and long-pressing the Home soft-key (using GravityBox).

Upvote 0
Yesterday's posting was short lived. It was my first time ever using Beautiful Widgets (Pro version), and I discovered this morning that the clock doesn't update once the screen goes off! It doesn't matter whether I have an update time set or not (though that's only supposed to affect weather update). Researching online, it seems BW has had this problem on and off for at least the last 5 years! Ironic, since this is possibly the best known and longest-lived weather/clock widget of them all (and no, I'm not using any sort of task killer).Back to good old 1Weather, which always works.
Screenshot_2015-03-21-10-30-48.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones