• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post your internet speeds!

1433845349.png

Via Cox. Not too bad.

Upvote 0
Just a small warning. Internet speeds that are being posted here are very easy to bug and spoofed. There is 1001 ways to make your 1Mb/s connection a 1Gb/s connection with a simple edit of the web browser. Secondly, a lot of corprations are using Speedtest.net mini for in house testing, which will report as the closest server and give you only in house speed and not real world internet speeds.

Lastly, when you connect to the speed test app, do not select the closest server, but on that is further way. You can "beat the image" from a close server.

For those that want to spoof speedtest.net app, knock yourself out.

Tuts4Tech - How to spoof your speedtest.net results - YouTube

Upvote 0
Hey guys this is my speed it seems pretty bad compared to some others I have seen. Can anyone tell me if this speed is below average/average/above average? The DL speed doesn't seem TOO bad but the upload is very low... I don't really know much about speeds so just lmk...

1470993989.png

Verizon FiOS in central PA. Opted for a 25/25 Mbps connection instead of a more asymmetric connection, since I run a personal webserver out of my home.
1214834970.png

and my pingtest...
37396655.png

Jesus dude you are so lucky ): I can't wait till FiOS is available in my area ):

Upvote 0
Hey guys this is my speed it seems pretty bad compared to some others I have seen. Can anyone tell me if this speed is below average/average/above average? The DL speed doesn't seem TOO bad but the upload is very low... I don't really know much about speeds so just lmk...

1470993989.png

Jesus dude you are so lucky ): I can't wait till FiOS is available in my area ):

It's about average. Your upload speed kind of blows but your DL isn't too bad. My speed is so fast because it's at a building where another company does a huge amount of uploading and downloading.

Upvote 0
Haha, I like your sig! On Cox, I'm getting about 14 mbps down, and 6.5 mbps up.

Your down is crazy fast, but it's funny that your up is still slower than mine. I constantly have to upload large files for work, so I need all I can get. If I could have 10 mbps up, it'd be really nice.

I always use speedtest.net. What kind of parameters do you guys use for your tests? Just best case scenario out of the servers in 100 mile radius of you?

Edit: I just got almost 20 mbps down and 8 mbps up on a server just a few miles closer. That's the problem I have with these tests, just because you're getting a great speed with the test server, doesn't mean you'll get anything close to that in the real world. Like a batch of 20 or so videos that I have to upload to Youtube weekly for work. I'd like to know how fast that is. Maybe like mid-country tests (I'm 3 hours from the coast of Georgia) would be more real-world?

Upvote 0
1932767880.png

FiOS ftw :)

I pay for 35/15 I think. Seem to be capped right around 43/34 though.

Just dont tell NYCHitman about this thread, his ISP is in his building so he'll smoke us all :p

I'll trade you some of my down for your up! Lol I hate that I only get 4. People don't understand that your real world speed depends also on your up.

Reactions: alostpacket
Upvote 0
I found the previous thread languishing down on page 5, so I've merged it into this one as many members have already contributed test results.

Just dont tell NYCHitman about this thread, his ISP is in his building so he'll smoke us all :p

That's the first person I thought of when I saw this topic! See post #123. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones