Post Your JellyBean Battery StatsGeneral

1. Howard Hopkinson

Howard Hopkinson Well-Known Member

Given the fact that there is some discussion about JB's battery usage, I thought it might be interesting to see what battery performance folks who have upgraded to JB are getting.

Below are mine with light to moderate usage, which is pretty normal for me these days.

Bottom line for me is I get better battery life from JB than I did from ICS.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. newbie4

newbie4 Well-Known Member

very very good 3 days and got 34 percent what size battery you have? also see that Wi-Fi is running.
  3. Howard Hopkinson

Standard battery mate and wi-fi is on whenever I'm at home.

Edit: Just to add, I do have quite a lot of apps that I don't use disabled and that certainly helps with battery life and speed. Click the spoiler to see pics of my disabled apps.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. ichanged

ichanged Member

I think the biggest advantage I would get with JB in battery usage is the Screen. Yours is 20% better than mine on ICS. I am fairly 'conservative' but can't get my screen below 49%. Did you have a similar experience between both?
  5. Howard Hopkinson

In all honesty ichanged, I can't remember what my battery stats were like under ICS, specifically the screen stats.

Just had a search through some of my older posts and found this from when I was on ICS.
    I used to get fairly good battery life from ICS and again I did have a lot of apps disabled. However, I never got 3 days out of ICS like I do out of JB.
    ichanged likes this.
  6. ichanged

ichanged Member

I'd be very happy with that screen stat. I'm not crying over my battery performance though, as I work outdoors and have the screen on bright (especially on sunny days) when I'm using.
  7. newbie4

newbie4 Well-Known Member

Ok I disable some of mine just now but how to enable since they gone from application list.
  8. Omar Days

Omar Days Well-Known Member

Your disabled apps should be at the bottom of the app list
  9. tdodd

tdodd Well-Known Member

Personally I think that comparing battery stats is pretty meaningless since usage patterns vary so much. Still, I've just made it to five days on Jelly Bean with a little juice remaining. Screen time was 1 hour 45 minutes over the five days.

EDIT : My techniques for extending battery life.....

1. Use Titanium Backup to freeze unwanted apps;
    2. Set network mode to GSM only, which yields a stronger signal than WCDMA;
    3. I have mobile data disabled always, relying on WiFi only for my data needs;
    4. Have WiFi sleep when not connected to power;
    5. Use Greenify to hibernate apps which I want to use, but not have running in the background;
    6. Continue charging after the 100% figure appears, until I get an additional green "battery full" icon in the notification bar;
    7. Use a networked laptop all day long for email/surfing, and the landline for calls, meaning I don't need to use the mobile phone much day to day;
    8. Don't waste my life and battery on social networks like Facebook, Twitter or Google+.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Howard Hopkinson likes this.
  10. Howard Hopkinson

I agree that usage varies wildly from user to user, but nonetheless, I think it is interesting to see what others who have upgraded to JB are getting from their devices.

Your battery stats are impressive regardless of your usage mate.
  11. tdodd

tdodd Well-Known Member

I should probably add that I am still using the original battery, which is now 17 months old and the only battery I've used in the phone. I imagine that with a fresh battery I might see better figures still.
  12. Howard Hopkinson

That in itself is pretty amazing mate and long may it continue.
  13. luei74

luei74 New Member

Still using the stock battery with the age of 6 months, about 11 hours of light usage after full charge, battery drop to about 28%, did see some improvements on JB over the ICS.

[​IMG]
  14. Howard Hopkinson

Hi luei74 and welcome to the forums. Thanks for the info.
  15. luei74

luei74 New Member

Thanks mod. Still unable to post the link and upload some img file here...;)
  16. Howard Hopkinson

You should now be able to post links and images.
  17. luei74

luei74 New Member

Yes, just try it out, thanks.
  18. tdodd

tdodd Well-Known Member

I've improved on the five days last reported. Now well over 8 days from the original battery with just over an hour of screen time in total.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. Omar Days

Omar Days Well-Known Member

lol tdodd, did you even use your phone in those 8 days?

i get 15 hours and that's a good day for me.
  20. tdodd

tdodd Well-Known Member

Yes - 1 hour and 4 minutes in total.

I don't use the phone when I have a broadband laptop and a landline in front of me. It remains turned on - in case it rings or I receive a text - but there is no need for data and WiFi to be enabled if all my emails and other stuff are right there on my laptop. I use it much more as a tablet than as a phone, but only when on the move and NEEDING to get hold of something. Mostly these things can wait till I'm back home with 17 glorious inches to work with.

You may ask why I have the Note at all, given the price. Well, I may not use it often, but when I do use it I want the large screen experience - for browsing, for satnav, for everything else it can do other than make phone calls. In fact, if I didn't already have the Note I think I would be very interested in the new Asus Fonepad. Unfortunately it didn't exist 18 months ago when I bought the Note.
  21. ifb-online

ifb-online Well-Known Member

Why bother posting photos on a forum like this only to remove them after just a few weeks?

22. ifb-online

ifb-online Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

After just over a day of fairly typical usage for me the battery went flat in just over 25 hours. I haven't made any optimisations to save power except my usual practice of only using wifi or mobile data when I need it.

[​IMG]

I'm quite surprised that Google Search, Voice Talk, and Google Maps show up here as I didn't use these yesterday.

[​IMG]

Here is a screen grab probably just after the ICS update last year.
  23. Pinmac1

Pinmac1 Well-Known Member

Would be interested to know which apps you disabled, Howard?