• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your Last Purchase

uploadfromtaptalk1471096000440.jpg

Upvote 0
Played with/set up the tablet last night, it's not bad for a cheap little thing. The only 'issues' I have with it are minor, I think it's a keeper.

The screen is BRIGHT, even on lowest setting it's bright. It doesn't seem to have a vibrate option, I like vibrate (oh, stop it you pigs!). I'm not sure about this whole split screen thing in landscape, I'll get used to it. I can't install Mighty Text so will be using Hangouts but only with my Google Voice number (first world problem. lol). It has a built-in system manager that pops up a lot wanting to close apps. Umm. Go away. It isn't deletable/disableable either. There's very little bloat, it's pretty clean. Whatever, it'll certainly work for sitting on the couch and checking stuff quick-like.

Really, it's a nice little tablet for what I'll use for.
For when the "pig" in ya seems to be the right moment to come out for play.. [emoji85] [emoji86] [emoji87]
http://dildroid.sex-apk.com

Upvote 0
View attachment 108425

A week or so ago.
To replace the Dewalt I lent my [best friend] right before he split town.
18v plus 2 batteries =$49.95.
(Black and Decker makes Dewalt).
(VW makes the 270mph Hennessey also).

Surprises never cease.
You know DeWalt + Black & Decker are like the same company, right?

Upvote 0
ccbf6bae-94fb-4c2e-b816-086963cd2110_1000.jpg

This is to replace the 16 year-old DeWalt 12v that the son 'borrowed'.

First, I get to lord it over him that he doesn't return my tools, and second, I get to buy new tools! I'd call that a win-win. :D

And on the way home we stopped because we were out of this ...

img-the-bar-collection_0004_tanqueray-imported.png

:D :D

Speaking of Dewalt.
Those people/tools are awesome.

The cordless that I mentioned that was stolen from me (what are friends for) was given to me for free by Dewalt.

Because I once was at about 15' on an extension ladder screwing something to something.
Something about one of the somethings pissed me off something awful.

(Anger Management class once pissed me off too).

When something pisses me off, I try to break whatever is closest or convenient.

So that drill slammed against the concrete below me at probably 90mph.

All that happened was the battery popped out and the drill sustained a few scratches.
But it worked fine.

Actually, I got a little more angry because I didn't hurt the thing like I wanted to.
I found humor in this revelation, which calmed me down.

I called Dewalt with this story, praising their product.

They replaced that 12v with a brand new 16v.

DeWalt is the best.

The only reason I buy B+D is because they're the exact same tool, but cheaper.

(The only thing that sucks is that red/black isn't as cool as yellow/black).

Upvote 0
As I stated in my post right above your post where you quoted me as saying exactly what you just said... :cool:
Yeah, I caught that AFTER the fact.. Sorry. [emoji23] What tripped me out was (back in the day) B&D made their battery powered drills under the "Firestorm" model, in which the DeWalt's batteries would interchange with the Firestorm's. [emoji41]

Reactions: sleedeane
Upvote 0
Wow.. I absolutely use a few Stanley tools but had no idea of the mfgr reach.
On a previous note, I also remember at that specific period in time (for a short while) that Craftsman & Ryobi had interchangeable batteries & chargers as well.. I was using them! Unfortunately that was short lived like the Firestorms/DeWalt when everyone ran out to get the cheaper batteries ($35 vs $60+) & chargers to use in the expensive counterparts.

Upvote 0
$55.00 To local service station / vehicle emission control system inspection.

Every other year, when you go to re-register your car here......Ya' gotta' pass the test, or you don't get your tags. I'm not saying it definitely should be that way everywhere, but sometimes forget, it 'aint that way everywhere.
001.jpg

I am as car oriented as anyone you are likely to meet, and smog checks used to rub me the wrong way.......In a big way. But am completely over it. It's a bargain, considering what you get in exchange.

By the early 1950's, the LA area was well down the road to being the smog capitol of this nation. I'm not nearly that old, but I can definitely remember a time when the air was truly unbreathable. Many days, year after year, the only view seemed to be of a solid wall of grey. No reliable proof for millions of people that they were living in a beautiful, rolling metropolis, with impressive city skyline(s), hills and valleys, ocean views, etc. Visibility barely beyond a mile out, and the air truly hurt to breathe, made even a young man's chest tight, and the eyes sting. Once in a very blue moon, an unusual weather pattern would pass through, and everything normally hidden.......... The vistas and the color, would reappear for a few glorious days. Then sink back into the usual gloom just as quickly.
But when government claimed to have the solution, and started meddling with our beloved cars, taking more money out of our pockets; I didn't warm to the idea very quickly. Particularly since there seemed to be no hope of ever fixing such a huge problem in the first place.

Forcing people to give up their cars wouldn't fly, and nobody was going to give them up voluntarily.
And manufacturers had very little incentive to lead the way to cleaner, greener cars. If your competition isn't also going to be held to a higher standard, why equip your cars with nascent, expensive technologies with nearly zero marketing appeal? Why would automobile manufacturers or their component suppliers spend any money to develop those, or next generation technologies in the first place?

Well, they did it. There are more people now, and more cars than ever; But even so; Most days now look like some of the rarest, best days I remember from the "bad old days".

(Gross oversimplification), Government put its foot down, and said "For the good of us all, this is how it's gonna' be, and this is how it's gonna' be paid for". Not a sentiment that appeals to many, but an apt metaphor for many examples in life, and of how it is more important than ever to think about broader interests, and longer time frames than just those of the individual.
The initial solutions which engineers came up with were pretty lousy. The emissions control technologies of that early "super-regulated" era were the worst of all worlds; Performance robbing, complicated, expensive, and failure prone. Mercifully, that era didn't actually persist for very long, in the big scheme of things.
The economies of scale which came with more and more vehicles being held to higher standards, and more and more engineers working toward similar goals, (goals which might not have otherwise been a very high priority without government intervention) created a marketplace for better, relatively inexpensive, highly effective, and quite reliable technologies and components. My truck is 20+ years old, and a system I have never given a moment's thought to, or spent a nickel on to maintain, easily passes the test, with no problems; They must be doing something right. I walk up to the inspection station with no appointment, and I'm back out the door within 20 minutes, chatting with some nice people in the meantime. They must be doing something right.

I'm not going to say nothing was lost in the change; But as much as I miss carburetors, (for instance), and as much fun as it is to drive a 1966 big block Corvette Stingray with side pipes.......Those days are over, we can't all sustainably do that; And the engineers have pretty well made up for what was lost, with far greater gains.

A small price to pay, and sometimes it's government's job to make us eat our vegetables; To make us reluctantly do the right thing, for the good of the many.

Last edited:
Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
春雷 "Spring Thunder" 805 transistor radio. Shanghai No.3 Radio Factory, made circa 1971. Still works perfectly. :thumbsupdroid:

cfaafaffb819c0dcf08fb06eadf46c7a.jpg
05221bd23f383f98ce30ce403e1fdf59.jpg

Condition is pretty good given how old it is, and it's a cheap thing "Made in the People's Republic of China" of course.

There's a few chips and cracks in the plastic. Band switch positions carved out by hand. Not sure if someone did it, or it actually came from the factory like that.
f1df7df7f012f3d6e88a9ce3590aee7d.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
wish I could buy that type of shoe, but with EEE feet, it just isn't going to happen.

so, I wear flip flops or work boots.

I hear ya @AZgl1500. I've got wide feet, too, and a high instep. buying comfortable shoes has always been a challenge. I spent a good deal of my youth in bare feet, just because shoes hurt too much.

Upvote 0
wish I could buy that type of shoe, but with EEE feet, it just isn't going to happen.

so, I wear flip flops or work boots.
Ugh.. I gave up on shoes after my accident (no more sk8boarding now) & now usually only wear Stealth (quieter while walking) combat boots.. Light, comfortable, & OSHA approved on many points as well.

Upvote 0
^^^That's pretty cool...
It actually bought it as non-working, from a village shop, because it looked interesting.

Only thing that was actually wrong and that it wouldn't receive anything, I realised that there's no AM/MW or SW stations in this part of Inner Mongolia, Xilingol, they're all FM. Once it got dark, the sun went down, it came really alive, picking up Beijing stations, and some Mongolian and Russian stations as well.

I think many people in China like to have all new shiny devices , like iPhones and things, and something that was made in the middle of the Cultural Revolution is not quite so desirable probably. I'm sure nostalgia for the 1960s and 1970s doesn't really happen in the PRC in the same way as UK or US etc

If anyone is interested, there's some pictures of the same radio here, including the components inside. :)
3g.xici.net/d145299979.htm (Chinese)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
$100 to a pest control company.

IMO, a total waste of money....
I found the same product online with free shipping for $37.95 and 1 quart of it will make up 96 gallons of the spray.
1 gallon of spray treats 1,000 sq ft of surface.... or 100 sq ft of soft absorbent surfaces.

My wife was just freaking out and screaming "you gotta get something done".... and I let her emotions control my thoughts....
last time I ever do that, from now on, "LOGIC RULES" and to hell with her temper tantrums... my daughter and I agree on this, we are sick and tired of her being "sick and not appreciating us"....

...... it is hard living with someone who is living a life of hell..... end stage diabetes, which kills the liver and kidneys....
sorry, just needed an outlet for a few minutes.

Upvote 0
$100 to a pest control company.

IMO, a total waste of money....
I found the same product online with free shipping for $37.95 and 1 quart of it will make up 96 gallons of the spray.
1 gallon of spray treats 1,000 sq ft of surface.... or 100 sq ft of soft absorbent surfaces.

I hope you bought one of the products my company makes, some of our stuff is sold on http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/
:)

But in any case, I hope whatever you bought works well for you & solves your issue!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones