Last Updated: Jul 13,2015
Okay, I purchased FontLab's TypeTool software to edit the LCARS font so that the heights of all of the letters and numbers are the same. After a few other teaks and with a nudge from some other members looking for the files...
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Here is the Dropbox link to all of the necessary files:
Star Trek LCARS Lockscreen by Paul M. Zahorosky of JerseyBoy Design
Here's how to use the files that are included:
1. paulmz_LCARS_wltheme - put this in the [SD]->[data]->[com.teslacoilsw.widgetlocker]->[themes] folder.
2. LCARS_Time_Date_Battery - put this in the [SD]->[MinimalisticTextPreferences] folder.
3. Lockscreen-Wallpaper - put this in a folder of your choice.
4. Star Trek LCARS - this is the new True Type Font file. Put this in the [SD]->[Fonts] folder.
5. Star Trek Unlock - this is the MP3 unlock sound. Put this in the [Notifications] folder on the phone memory.
Here are some things that I did to make this work:
1. First and foremost- this was designed and tested only on a Droid Incredible with a resolution of 480 x 800.
2. For WidgetLocker I have the "Layout" set to 8-rows by 5-columns (it's the same setup that I'm using for the LCARS homescreen theme). Next, hide the notification bar and add the "Sound on Unlock" using the MP3 included. Press "Select Wallpaper" and navigate to the "Lockscreen-Wallpaper" file and resize as necessary.
3. Add a "Minimalistic Text" widget in the 3x1 size. Scroll down to "Restore" and select the "LCARS_Time_Date_Battery" option. This [should] load the widget with the correct font settings, etc. Press the "Vertical Block" button and make sure that it's set to "Top". Once placed on the screen, long-press then release and resize the widget to 3x2 (drag the top/bottom resize button up/down one "block").
4. If the folders/locations listed above are not on your device, create them.
5. Don't forget to add your custom slider!
I think that's it. Hope anyone who uses it like it!
PS: I'm still looking for a way to get a Tasker profile to send the weekday as a number to the date on Minimalistic Text (ie. Sunday = 1, Monday = 2, Friday = 6). If anyone has any ideas on this, please let me know.
That is awesome.
Nerdgasm in 3...2...1...
I have to agree! I can't wait for the LCARS Desktop Visualizer. I'll go loopy when that's finished!
I like it, but I'd like to get rid of the "slide to unlock" txt?
Paulmz, I'm having a bit of trouble installing it and getting it to work. I'm using an LG Optimus V.
The image is displayed slightly at the wrong size for me. It's not too much of a problem, but the text at the bottom is too close to the edge of the screen so I've just had to place the unlock slider above the UFP logo. I'll probably just play around resizing the image until it fits my phone's screen better.
My real problem is with adding the Time/Date/Batt thing. I created a "MinimalisticTextPreferences" on the root of my SD card and added "LCARS_Time_Date_Battery", but when I try to add a widget by long-pressing on the screen I don't have an option for Minimalistic Text. Nor can I find the "Vertical Block" button. I don't know what to do! Please help!!
Nothing special...just for now.
Nevermind! I didn't realise "Minimalistic Text" was an app from the Market
I just have to resize the image a bit now and it'll be perfect. Thanks again!
I'm not quite following... where the unlock on this one?
It's the 'Sense' slider in the middle of the screen...it slides down to unlock.
Ooohhh... sneaky. I like it.
Another GOTO lockscreen.
Here's the one I've been using lately.
In the top-left corner is my (currently hidden) sms, call and mail using Minimalistic Text
Widgetlocker with Invisible slider along the bottom
Minimalist Text for time, date, battery.
SMS Unread for missed calls and emails.
Using a transparent lock...swipe the sand on the island to unlock.
How do I make the lock transparent. Do you have one to share ? Thanks !
Is that minimal. text on the lock for the date and time? I didn't know you could tilt the text lines....very cool.
Edit: not reading very well today. Just read about ClockQ. Must go download, thanks!
Actually by sheer coincidence it is the same theme as the one above my post...I got the wltheme at xda xda-developers - View Single Post - [THEMES] WidgetLocker Theme Collection
Thanks to the above poster, I couldn't remember where the heck I got it from!
How did you change the color on SMS unread?
I have no idea on how to change the colors, I found the purple balloons on some other forum, will pm the link to you if I find it again.
Could you copy me on that please? Thx
I actually changed the arrows from hollow to solid almost right after making the first post of this thread.
I just never got around to posting it.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Files are here: Arrows Solid WidgetLocker Theme
The widgets are the same as the first post:
Date and clock (I love that "Make your Own Clock" added "Next Alarm"):
[table][tr][td][/td][td]Make Your Clock Pro (Beta)
by Tomas Hubalek (paid apps)
1,000 downloads, 153 ratings (4.6 avg)
Invisible pattern lock on my pugs pic
Oh very nice
Separate names with a comma.