1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Post your MyTouch 4G desktopGeneral

1. bagz27

bagz27 Member

I noticed other device specific threads for posting your desktop and was wondering if we should start one here. I don't have a mytouch yet, but would love to see how people have customized theirs already.

Advertisement
    :
  2. tamosaur

tamosaur Well-Known Member

great thread! =)
    i've been debating between using adw or sticking with stock. i hate the myfaves button is the main reason for using adw. and it looks a little less organized.. can you guys help me pick one please? tia!
    [​IMG] (using adw) OR .. [​IMG] (using stock)
    GiGi84 likes this.
  3. bagz27

bagz27 Member

how about Launcher Pro?
  4. I like things really tidy. But I love your picture! I'm not using the task thingie right now...have about 5 different ones downloaded just can't decide what I like best. I like how yours is right there on the screen.

Anyway, here's my home page.

[​IMG]

And one page to the left are all my apps in folders:

[​IMG]

And one page to the right is my task bar, camcorder, and gallery. Nothing else yet. I like all the apps being in folders. I just got my phone last week so still seeing what I use the most. So far it's the items on the front page.

[​IMG]
  5. bagz27

bagz27 Member

Rather than take actual pictures of your phone, there is a way to just take screen shots off your phone. The instructions can be found here.

Also, I know on other threads people list the launcher (if you're not running stock) and the widgets/apps they're using. Just a thought...
  6. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

I used shootme.apk (have to be rooted to use)

Here we roll.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is exactly how it looks. I did block a few things for privacy. :p

Not too excited about the home screen im still working on that one. BTW its a live wallpaper and the lock screen is the tree thing.
  7. offthecha1n

offthecha1n Well-Known Member

im in the process now of trying out all the "home desktops" so far I really like ahome
  8. brinky

brinky Well-Known Member

Kinda sad that the only way to get a screen shot on a non-rooted phone is to take a pic of the whole phone with another camera.
  9. bagz27

bagz27 Member

brinky: see my comment a few replies above. You don't have to be rooted to take screen shots. Just takes few extra steps.
  10. brinky

brinky Well-Known Member

I stand by my post. Why do i need to hook my phone up to a computer just to get a screen capture? Why in the world would google make it so hard to get a screen shot?

But thanks for providing a non-root solution.
  11. bagz27

bagz27 Member

Ok, I just wanted to clarify your comment. I agree about Google making things more difficult then they need to be.
  12. When I read the instructions it sounded like the whole process would take longer than just shooting a couple pictures with my camera.

ANd I agree. A screenshot should be easy!
  13. vnguyen972

vnguyen972 Active Member

I followed a link here on the forum to root it in less than 3 min, it can't be easier than that :) it's called something like Temp Root, but after that, I can enjoy rooted features ..lol Here are my screenshots captured using ShootMe App:

[​IMG]

Actually the process of posting the pix on the forum takes a lot longer :)
  14. dasudevil

Which one did you follow? My guide?

Yea the process of adding the image to the forums takes longer then actually doing the root/shootme process.
    vnguyen972 likes this.
  15. vnguyen972

vnguyen972 Active Member

16. dasudevil

17. dasudevil

@wuzzy: what theme are you using to get that? Looks sweet. How does the rest look? (inside)
  18. vnguyen972

vnguyen972 Active Member

I agree that it looks sweet... I found a utility that makes mine looks as sweet as that... called WidgetLocker:

[​IMG]

if Tinypic was blocked from your work (like mine) here's from twitpic, click on the link below :)

[​IMG]

I'm liking it so much! it looks so cool! Thought I share..
  19. zenijour

zenijour Member

Music
    [​IMG]
    Home screen
    [​IMG]
    Fav Apps
    [​IMG]
    Tech Stuff
    [​IMG]
    App Drawer 1
    [​IMG]
    App Drawer 2
    [​IMG]
    Photo Gallery
    [​IMG]
  20. cw54o

cw54o Well-Known Member

pretty simple
    first screen: lock
    2nd screen : middle/home screen
    3rd screen : left DT
    4th screen : right DT

Attached Files:

21. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Actually you DON'T need root to take a snap shot of your home screen just download an app that doesn;t require it I know there are some as when I had my bh2 months ago before I lost it I was able to do it without root using an app I think it was called shootme.
  22. vnguyen972

vnguyen972 Active Member

Shootme does require root
  23. cw54o

cw54o Well-Known Member

not entirely true, yes it STATES root is required but a few devices work without it. when i had my slide it worked until tmobile sent out a update to patch it up
    2FR35H likes this.