• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post your Nexus One home screens!

Home%2B%2B_1264895885122.png

Beautiful Widgets indeed. It's called Beautiful Home.

Awesome! thnx! I'm using this now - I wasn't using the actual Google search bar widget much - since the magnifying glass gets you to the same place - which is how I normally start searches...

So got Beautiful 'Smaller' Home on my home screen... it's great and I really love how it keeps the "Android" clock font... love that font! (tired of the usualy HTC flipper clock that most themes seem to 'borrow'...)

Upvote 0
Images of mine attached.

Center screen:
Most used apps - Clock, calendar, mail etc.

what calendar/events widget is this? (the 2nd widget from the top, not the beautiful home widget, i have that)... the stock calendar widget is the worst...

thnx!

EDIT: a little sleuthing - FOUND IT.... the app is SMOOTH CALENDAR.... a lot of options too... awesome little calendar/events app - and FREE too! :D

Upvote 0
any good free screen capture apps out there? i looked, but couldn't seem to find anything decent...

what do most of you guys use?

(that's one thing that was cool with the iphone... hold down home, and quickly hit the sleep/power button once... instant screen shot)... Is there a native sequence of button presses on the Nexus that will allow this? Or is an app the only way?

thnx!!

Upvote 0
what calendar/events widget is this? (the 2nd widget from the top, not the beautiful home widget, i have that)... the stock calendar widget is the worst...

thnx!

EDIT: a little sleuthing - FOUND IT.... the app is SMOOTH CALENDAR.... a lot of options too... awesome little calendar/events app - and FREE too! :D

That one looks pretty nice. I like my Pure Calendar also.

Home%2B%2B_1266693618383.png

any good free screen capture apps out there? i looked, but couldn't seem to find anything decent...

what do most of you guys use?

(that's one thing that was cool with the iphone... hold down home, and quickly hit the sleep/power button once... instant screen shot)... Is there a native sequence of button presses on the Nexus that will allow this? Or is an app the only way?

thnx!!

I'm not sure about stand alone apps but I'm using Home++. It's a feature within the app.

While I'm at it heres a couple more.

Home%2B%2B_1266694193590.png

Home%2B%2B_1266694260640.png

Home%2B%2B_1266694323386.png

Reactions: mi_canuck
Upvote 0
I love the completely transparent look of your Beautiful Smaller Home. I'm trying to skin mine like that but when I go to "download skins" it just endlessly says "loading skins list" and nothing comes up. Am I doing something wrong?

No, you're doing it right, the skin is called naked droid.

I've just tried it again myself and it's doing the same, must be the server.

Upvote 0
Yay! Desire ROM:

device4l.png
device3p.png

Supports live wallpapers.

I like the black notification bar and the bottom app/phone/widgets bar... i don't quite like how Sense does the icons though...

i'm tempted, the more I see it... but I'm going to wait until it's more refined to even consider installing it...

do you know if the OTA recovery feature from 2.1 still works with the Sense OS? that is one of the greatest features of 2.1...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones