Last Updated:

1. mavictb

mavictb Well-Known Member

Stock Kernel with lag fix on 2.1:

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. ayongkot

ayongkot Well-Known Member

mine is 891 rooted android eclair. sorry can't upload the pics i have no camera. can't save either the screen from my galaxy.
  3. 882 stock first time ran....

will try killing a lot of the stuff running and see what it does.. :)
  4. maverick777

maverick777 Well-Known Member

Here's mine:

Stock rom, rooted, using Chainfire's lag fix. This fix has the option to use an EXT3 partition, which is slower than EXT2 but has the benefit of journaling so there is little or no risk of corruption. The speed boost is still very noticeable in day to day use. Android market navigation is instant. As is opening/using Touchdown Exchange.

[​IMG]
  5. DroidDoesReveiws

DroidDoesReveiws Active Member

where did you get quadrant pro? Cause I would love to prove to my buddy who has a droid x that the galaxy s phones cpu is faster.
  6. maverick777

maverick777 Well-Known Member

SlideME | Android Community and Application Marketplace

I'm using Advanced not the Professional version. $24.99 is pretty steep for a benchmark.

From a computational standpoint, Hummingbird is not vastly superior to Snapdragon. It's the graphic performance that makes the big difference. The integrated GPU is vastly superior to everything out there. Gaming is where this phone really shines. Everyday performance will be similar (with the lag fix). Stock, HTC and Motorola provides snappier performance because of Samsung's suboptimal use of RFS (fat32) for the file system.

Notice the HUGE jump in score on the I/O portion. Everything else remains roughly the same.

JIT will significantly boost the CPU scores for all phones. Notice the blue region on the Nexus One score.

What can't be significantly improved is graphics performance. Galaxy S phones rock in that department. :)
  7. DroidDoesReveiws

DroidDoesReveiws Active Member

8. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

you can just show your friend this video and this will put to end the debate. Samsung galaxy s phones are faster than droidX, when using quadrant pro it shows the cpu is infact faster! video below

YouTube - androidandme's Channel
  9. jamvin23

jamvin23 Member

I getting a respectable 2072. Rooted, stock rom and ran lag fix.
  10. Droidable

Droidable Well-Known Member

Id still like to see them run side by side..
  11. 1MoreMinute

1MoreMinute Member

Stock I get 883 and for some reason the very 1st test I did was I believe 918 or something very close to that and thats with PDA net running, not sure if that matters or not. I honestly don't know if this is good or bad as far as the score goes!! I guess Ill let ya guys tell me! The graphics on those tests were awesome, real nice clarity.
  12. nemesys06

nemesys06 Well-Known Member

that's a good score. there's only a couple phones rated higher than that, and that's the droid x and the nexus one running froyo. they have already proven, that even though the galaxy s out performs the droid x, some reason the droid x shows a higher score, probably some sort of glitch. many people are installing the lag fix on the galaxy s, and getting scores 2000+... i want to root my phone, but not sure on how to do it. don't know what all i need in order to get it to work. as for my vibrant, i scored a 922. can't wait to root and lag fix it.
  13. SamsungVibrant

please look through this thread to the answer to your droidx quadrant glitch. The glitch is I/O
  14. ubernewb1

ubernewb1 New Member

rooted, bloatware removed, with the one-click fix.. 2250.. eat it nexus ;]
  15. fjweinbk

fjweinbk Active Member

2107, rooted, clockwork mod, one click fix. Curious how to over clock cpu tho.
  16. whalebus

whalebus Well-Known Member

No surprise, now equal to Nexus with Froyo...

[​IMG]
  17. SamsungVibrant

So your device is a DroidX with Froyo? Well Samsung Galaxy S phones are faster than DroidX-Froyo. Imagine when Galaxy S with the lag fix gets Froyo, oh my gosh, its going to score like 3000.
  18. m4r10

m4r10 Well-Known Member

I did Ryan's 1 click lag fix posted over on XDA a couple of days ago. Scored a 2175 on quadrant benchmark.

On a side note, how do you guys do a screen capture??
  19. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Well-Known Member

Go to the market and get the app, shootme.
    m4r10 likes this.
  20. m4r10

m4r10 Well-Known Member

Thanks Vegas Touch. I can't seem to re-create that score. Seems every time I run the benchmark test it goes down a little. I went from an original 2185 to 2035 in 3 tries. Each try was sequentially lower.
  21. yhbae

yhbae Active Member

22. SamsungVibrant

when froyo comes out, will this automatically fix the lag issue?
  23. cigar3tte

cigar3tte Well-Known Member

AFAIK, the lag issue isn't a bug, it's from Samsung using an internal SD card for storage. Froyo won't fix this.
  24. SamsungVibrant

I guess I meant, when froyo comes out, froyo lets you put aps on the external storage sd card, this should effectively get rid of the lag right? Thus froyo will basically get rid of the lag issue if you put the aps on external mem?
  25. cigar3tte

cigar3tte Well-Known Member

I think it's more of an issue of nand flash vs microSD. microSD has slower I/O which causes the lag and low Quadrant score. Moving apps from the internal SD to the external SD won't make a difference, not to mention so many apps don't support the move yet.

Keep in mind, this is my take on it, I'm not 100% sure I'm correct.