• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post your Quadrant scores !!!

zaphodbebleebrox

Sep 24, 2010
I got 2089, whos faster ????
snap20101125100350.png

8W8ibb

8VSEa4

Don't mean to be a buzzkill on this thread but quadrant isn't a very good measure of performance on our phones except as maybe a direct comparison between similar setups. An old overclock kernel owith market lagfix could hit close to 3000 probably but in real world speed couldn't touch a non oc jt or geeknik kernel

Quadrant will always be shaded toward voodoo over stock as well while again more recent stock speed rfs kernels were better than old voodoo in real life.

I think quadrant is cool too just not the most accurate benchmarking tool. : )

Upvote 0
8VSEa4

i got 1939, whos faster ????
8VSEa4
my friend you need the app called ShootMe [free in market] then you can do screenshots like below
Quadrant advanced breaks the score down fwiw
yeah quad is kinda worthless as we all say but the advanced does show you how for the SF more than 50% of total score comes from I/O. And just in case anyone didnt know, your Quadrant score is merely the 5 test sections total [cpu, memory, I/O, 2d and 3d] and divided by 5 = what they gives you. So the reason voodoo seems so nice is it does improve i/o performance. The real key to using Quad Advanced is comparing the 5 individual components to other phones [although Froyo vs Eclair makes a diff] or even SF vs other SF comparing set-ups.
snap20101101_230951.png

This was my best ever :p

Upvote 0
my friend you need the app called ShootMe [free in market] then you can do screenshots like below
yeah quad is kinda worthless as we all say but the advanced does show you how for the SF more than 50% of total score comes from I/O. And just in case anyone didnt know, your Quadrant score is merely the 5 test sections total [cpu, memory, I/O, 2d and 3d] and divided by 5 = what they gives you. So the reason voodoo seems so nice is it does improve i/o performance. The real key to using Quad Advanced is comparing the 5 individual components to other phones [although Froyo vs Eclair makes a diff] or even SF vs other SF comparing set-ups.

This was my best ever :p

yeah quadrant isnt "useless", but its not going to really tell you which phone is "faster" than the other.

thats all :)

Upvote 0
The reason I used regular Quadrant is cause since its free more people could use it and play in the game. This is just a peeing contest, don't get too serious about it. ;)

i gotcha :)

on other phones...like the incredible...quadrant advanced is kinda helpful actually as you are comparing apples to apples. all the kernels are based on the same source without changing file systems.

so really you could get a great idea of rom/kernel combos with quadrant. i used to pull mid 1900s with ruby and some kernels clocked at 1.19

its just with our phone because different kernels and fixes throw everything for a loop higher doesnt always mean better.

that was just my earlier point although it came across as a bit jerkish :eek:

Upvote 0
@2561 , if thats a fascinate, thats insane. mine isnt what you would call rock stable at little over 2000. games and heavy graphics sometimes hiccup. probably due to video mem.

how you got that score must be crazy!

I believe saps got that score back in the day with either oclf or with maybe an agent hex voodoo I'm not sure....but either it again just kinda points out the ineffectiveness of quadrant in relation to the fascinate. :)

Upvote 0
I think this shows how much the manufacturers are holding back on their devices. There is no reason not to have a 1.2ghz Froyo Fascinate in everyone's pocket. Samsung just decided not to do it. The hardware / software is there.

So we have to wait till the year Froyo hits our devices then developers will make a overclock for that. Iam just waiting for these guys to open stores and sell their wares. Iam sure its going to happen with Froyo. And they deserve it IMHO.

Upvote 0
I'm getting very very low quadrant scores. The phone seems snappy enough. Using geekniks 1.5 SF with the build your own rom from rom manager.

dont worry about benchmarks on this phone. with clean kernels its fast, just other oems processors take better advantage of certain things that benchmarks test. my incredible would hit in the 40s on linpack overclocked and this phone is under 10, but i feel in every day performance this is faster :cool:

I think this shows how much the manufacturers are holding back on their devices. There is no reason not to have a 1.2ghz Froyo Fascinate in everyone's pocket. Samsung just decided not to do it. The hardware / software is there.

So we have to wait till the year Froyo hits our devices then developers will make a overclock for that. Iam just waiting for these guys to open stores and sell their wares. Iam sure its going to happen with Froyo. And they deserve it IMHO.

do oems clock the processors lower than they can go? yes. but not all phones are equal. the incredible/evo can only go at most on 2.2 to about 1.19 and not all of them can hit that. 1.13 is max stable for many phones.

this phone could probably be clocked at 1.1 or 1.15 completely fine, but who knows? i think the custom kernels we have deal with many of the performance issues a stock out of the box fascinate or any sgs phone encounters.

do i like have an overclocked kernel? yes. however i find i would always slide it back down to 1000mhz after a bit of playing around and leave it there for battery reasons. clean ext 4 kernels are just fine for doing everything i want to do.

as for 2.2...samsung is awful with updates and should have gotten it out a long time ago...but the vast majority of us knew samsung was awful with updates and that when we bought a 2.1 phone we could expect it to be on 2.1 for awhile after. :eek:

Upvote 0
If you put the phone in Airplane mode just before running the test, then turning it back ON when it has to contact the web to produce results (wait a few seconds after turning it on, before you proceed), your score will be significantly higher.

Also, if you go into SetCPU and put the min and max at your MAX processor speed, your results will improve tremendously.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones