Post your Speed Test results here!

1. MarcMaiden

MarcMaiden Well-Known Member

I think it would be nice to get a collection of speed tests/location of speed test results to see how backhaul is progressing.

My Speed tests on my Dell Streak in Fremont, CA using a hacked modem is getting 1.9 down, 1.2 up (thats 3g though) Will post 4g tests in a bit to compare

on a side note, how do the servers you connect to work? I get faster speeds when i connect to LA (350 miles away) than i do palo alto (30 miles away)

Advertisement
    miran007 likes this.
  2. g_patrick15

g_patrick15 Well-Known Member

Is this official?
  3. harlenm

harlenm Well-Known Member

Will be curious if anyone in an improved backhaul area gets faster upload speeds.

On a side note, my iPhone got 2.2 down, 1.3 up a little while ago, which is about average for me here in CT.
  4. Edge1978

Edge1978 Well-Known Member

Not to sound like a nooB but seeing I am "semi" new to Android, what app can I use to tell me the speed?
  5. Speedtest. I haven't tested mine but its loading fast! I can't wait till the backhaul launches
    mattbe213 likes this.
  6. lsutigers03

lsutigers03 Well-Known Member

My first speed test was slower than my iphone. 1100 down and 200 up
  7. kb58

kb58 Well-Known Member

You download it through your "Market" app, on the main screen.

Just tried mine (Wifi off) and got 1.7M down and 307k up.

Tried it a second time and got 2.5M down and 326 up!
  8. Edge1978

Edge1978 Well-Known Member

i got 1590 down and 149 up
  9. antioch216

antioch216 Well-Known Member

here is just a reference to compare against:

iPhone 3G in Central Texas

ping: 88ms Down: 4.61 mbps Up: .61mbps
  10. MarcMaiden

MarcMaiden Well-Known Member

I dont have a 4g plan yet on my employee line so i had to do a custom APN to connect to data. I think im still on 3g,

but in my store (no 3g microcell) i am getting average 2.5 mbs down/ 400kbs up with about 100 ping
  11. harlenm

Which is exactly what you'd expect with hsupa being disabled.
  12. kb58

kb58 Well-Known Member

Hmmm, okay, so what must be done to correct the situation? The "H+" and both arrows do appear.
  13. harlenm

Root the phone and install a rom that doesn't have it disabled.

Edited to add, it's just the upload speeds that are the prolem. Your download speeds are fine, just don't have the improved backhaul for "4g" speeds yet.
  14. PSXBatou

PSXBatou Well-Known Member

I wonder if that H+ icon ever actually changes to something else?
  15. antioch216

the H+ means there is a 4G connection AVAILABLE. An up and down arrow means you're connected to it.

AT&T has stated that anywhere you can receive a 3G signal, you'll also get 4G (H+)
  16. PSXBatou

But does that icon change? I am curious what happens when I take this phone to Tokyo in a few weeks, if I get the H+ logo considering neither of the providers I will roam with (NTT, Softbank) have a 4G backhaul network that I know of that will seem a bit odd.

I would be curious if like on my old iPhone I could switch 3G on and off, a toggle switch for 2/3/4G so I can compare speeds.

I've never seen the icon change from H+ but I do live in a major metro area so maybe its telling the truth :p
  17. Zonker1

Zonker1 Well-Known Member

These speeds don't look any better than my captivate running a 2.2 rom.
  18. mwiles629

mwiles629 Member

I don't want to get off topic. But I did notice the shaded up down arrow means 4G is available (which mine shows). How do I get it to connect?
  19. antioch216

20. harlenm

They probably won't until 3/1.

As it stands now, it's much slower up compared to an iphone4 due to the disabled hsupa.
  21. PSXBatou

What's on 3/1?
  22. Faramir82

Faramir82 Active Member

I'll do a speedtest once my battery charges.
  23. mwiles629

mwiles629 Member

It does change. I seen mine switching between networks. I saw an (E) for a few seconds. I live in rural area. I found out the arrows only show in white when data is being received or sent.
  24. harlenm

That is the date that keeps getting posted of when the "4g" network is being turned on.
  25. KenG10

KenG10 Well-Known Member

2880 down 380 up. I'm in buffalo ny