POST YOUR SPEED TESTS HEREGeneral

1. milan03

milan03 VIP Member VIP Member

NYC HSPA+ stock Skyrocket:

[​IMG]
  2. jupiterfl

jupiterfl Member

great numbers... but if I have to move to nyc to get them....hmmmm...
    mine are a fraction of those numbers
  3. caraj

caraj Active Member

Wow, I didn't think NYC was that good . I am located 15 minutes from NYC in jersey and have not seen over 1.5 down on my skyrocket.
  4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

We are traveling and I am trying to test everywhere
    Dallas... consistent 3mb down 1.5 up.
    Higher late at nighg
    New Mexico ....sucked
    Vegas was identical to Dallas
    Now in Riverside CA ...high was 12mb Down avg is 4
  5. jupiterfl

jupiterfl Member

ALL SUCKED..

manager came over and had a new htc.... his sucked as well.. he said att was working on the network to switch to lte in WEST PALM BEACH.. was to be completed last week....

Said they do not even give him new times for completion but indicated he sees these upload and download problems every time att switches to a new network technology/speed...

suggested we wait a few weeks to see if things resolve..

BUT ALL PHONES in the store experienced the same speed problems.. so it was/is network issues at least in the Palm Beaches...

YMMV
  6. Thiat302

Thiat302 Active Member

Did you get MMS to work? Can you PM me the APN settings you used?
  7. 92hatchattack

92hatchattack Well-Known Member

no, mms is not working .. been on the phone with att now for 2 hours.. they are ALL ****ing morons...

for name i put "AT&T HSPA+"
    for apn put "phone"

everything else is left blank.
  8. craZhorse

craZhorse Member

Ya'll can test to see if this works..Create a new APN

Name: ATT US HSDPA (case sensitive)

APN: phone
    Proxy: <not set>
    Port: <not set>
    Username: <not set>
    Password: <not set>
    Server: <not set>
    MMSC: <not set>
    MMS proxy: <not set>
    MCC: 310
    MNC:410
    Authentication type: <not set>
    APN type: default,supl,agps,fota,dun
    APN protocol IPv4
  9. garyp609

garyp609 Member

It works but MMS & Visual Voicemail don't work. I know you can make an additional APN for MMS to work but it's too bulky switching back and forth.
  10. craZhorse

craZhorse Member

These are the settings on my Atrix 4G. I have the 2gig 4G data plan if that means anything.
  11. jslanger

jslanger Well-Known Member

I was just reading the XDA forums (also looking to see if anyone has a good fix).

Someone from NYC was reporting that the "pta" APN seemed to be working correctly now (11/15).

I'm playing with my phone in the DC area, and "pta" does appear to be working, although I can't test it on LTE until tomorrow AM. But webpages are loading without a hang at the end like they had been.

Maybe AT&T is actually fixing things? But thats probably too much wishful thinking.
  12. craZhorse

craZhorse Member

Well I don't expect ATT to do squat. You can get a APN switch from the market.
  13. 92hatchattack

As of this moment mine is working as well! Lets all hope that maybe there has been a fix issues and that this is not just a small stroke of luck. God knows I bitched about it enough on the phone today to them.
  14. badboy600

badboy600 New Member

Now I know its not a phone issue. I live in the owings mills area and the data is complete crap. I've been in South Dakota the last couple days and the phone is working perfectly. Gotta be a problem with the DC\MD towers
  15. badboy600

badboy600 New Member

i hope this is true. Ive been in South Dakota the last few days and the phone is working great here. It will suck to get back home to baltimore on friday and go back to having a useless device.
  16. 92hatchattack

5:30 am and PTA still working great at the moment.
  17. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I only seem to have the issue when in and out of lte. Now that we are in Riverside...no issues
  18. 92hatchattack

As of 11pm last night my stock apn has been working 100% It's as if someone at at&t just forgot to throw the switch and now everything is ok.
  19. jslanger

jslanger Well-Known Member

Seems to be the same here. And, although I saw an occasional slight hang on a few web pages (but no where near what was happening before..), the stock/pta APN seems to be working up to par. I even did a speedtest while crossing a bridge from VA into DC (nice and open area!), and it was not bad...22.76Mbps down/12.83Mbps up. I've had better results before, but it seems to be working much more consistently now.

In my mind I have this image of someone at AT&T going, "Why is this switch in the off position? Its supposed to be on!" Click. :D
  20. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

It did it again!!!!

[​IMG]
  21. Simba501

Simba501 Well-Known Member

It's switching available networks. Everywhere doesn't have 3G, so there you'll likely see E (edge), which is 2G. G is a step under that, I think it stands for GPRS. There could be random times where you'll see it momentarily switch to and from these networks, which are likely random incidences of being connected to different towers (e.g., you may not be able to connect to 4G while in a basement, so it'll switch to 3G). Traveling though, you'll see the type of network available in that area.
  22. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Just have never seen g before...,all the others yes.....but never g haha
  23. milan03

milan03 VIP Member VIP Member

That's GPRS.
  24. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

San Diego

[​IMG]
  25. garyp609

garyp609 Member

Is anyone still having any data problems or are they fixed? I was thinking about jumping back in.