• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your Triumphant Screenshots

20111004093729.jpg

Upvote 0
All of these screen shots really make me want to root my phone...

I'm scared of doing it though because a friend did it to my optimus, and then gave it to me and I factory reset it and it all went to hell.

I have yet to root if it makes you feel any more confident about making cool screens - I only lack a decent not. bar, lol. I think in my case, I've been waiting until I know more about Android - which I certainly do after several months of non-stop futzing. The peeps in the root thread here are very helpful, too. I can only pray they help me out when I decide to make the plunge lol

Upvote 0
I have yet to root if it makes you feel any more confident about making cool screens - I only lack a decent not. bar, lol. I think in my case, I've been waiting until I know more about Android - which I certainly do after several months of non-stop futzing. The peeps in the root thread here are very helpful, too. I can only pray they help me out when I decide to make the plunge lol

I've watched a few vids and a buddy of mine showed me how to root. I just hate voiding warranties, and the possible problem that comes if you fubar something.

Upvote 0
I've watched a few vids and a buddy of mine showed me how to root. I just hate voiding warranties, and the possible problem that comes if you fubar something.

And those would be the only things holding me back as well until recently, lol. But I think if you spend enough time talking with people and reading about it, it will seem like less of a scary prospect. Now I'm debating returning my handset due to GPS issues, but I have heard good things about manual fixes for the issues in several thread to be done after rooting. But honestly, besides the not. bar, theres bunches of customization to do that don't require root at all - several of the most amazing layouts on the main XDA thread are made by peeps who don't want to/are too scared to root.

Upvote 0
honestly.... this phone is practically un-brickable. :D (i tried unintentionally and nothing happened) what happened to you optimus was a "boot-loop" which was fixable by flashing a stock-rom. since clockworkmod recovery has the option of nandroid backup, you can delete the system folder of the phone and get it all back just as easy LOL :cool: also, just as melissapugs said, you can make your phone look cool without rooting and what not

Reactions: melissapugs
Upvote 0
That stat bar is just to my taste. Any performance issues on MIUI that you've encountered?

it works great overall. there are some bugs like screen lockup if wifi is left on when phone is in standby, which can be fixed by turning off wifi before going standby. receiving mms isn't working, i don't really use mms so that doesn't bother me. check out the miui thread to see the bugs

Reactions: melissapugs
Upvote 0
melissapugsmiuihnedrix.png

So I made the leap into the unknown, rooted, and am trying MIUI. I'm also pimping my latest T-Shirt contribution for the Deviant Art contest with Hendrix wallpapers I made from that design. Check out my shirts and vote to wear one if they're your style :)
Status bar: Deuces by KGill; Orange Lockscreen for MIUI, not sure who to give cred to since it came pre-loaded. Fancy Widgets with Vostradamus' Spill Skin. Custom Clock Pro. MultiLive Pictures Wallpaper to get the status bar transparency as desired. I must say that I am really not pleased with screen caps using MIUI's default tool - is there a way to switch the save mode from .jpeg to .png perhaps? And much to my horror, the screen caps I took with the SDK were washed out and unrecognizable. Any ideas would be much appreciated :) Thanks again to Isaacj87 for making MIUI possible for the Triumph.

Upvote 0
Found this awesome lockscreen but it had some Chinese characters on it so I edited the theme and translated the text. Here you go!

rename the .zip extension to .mtz then copy to the Miui/themes folder on sdcard

Attachments

• 20111023_084134.jpg
    20111023_084134.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 20111023_084150.jpg
    20111023_084150.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 107
  • Android4.zip
    745.4 KB · Views: 81
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones