Postcard non-removableGeneral

Last Updated: 2012-06-18 22:08:43
  1. Maniax101

Maniax101 Member

Hey,

Just saw that I have a new app in my Xperia, Postcard by Touchnote.com. Its a program that somehow allows you to send real postcards via the phone.

This app can not be removed.

I mailed them and asked them for directions on how to uninstall the app, as I never intend to use it, didn't ask for it, and it clogs my phone.
    They replied that SonyEricsson decided that it should be an integral part of the phone and thus not removable.

This is nonsense!

I'm considering rooting my phone just to be able to remove IDIOT-apps like this that I never wanted in the first place...

Advertisement
  2. bazji

bazji Member

You must root the phone to remove it. And use titanium backup to uninstall.
  3. wynney666

wynney666 Well-Known Member

In other words, TouchNote paid us alot of money to bundle this crap!
    lol

above solution will work
  4. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

It doesn't work anyway!

I ordered one for my Fianc
  5. LordTakyon

LordTakyon Active Member

Lol I never even ran it.
  6. Mr Patchy Patch

Mr Patchy Patch Well-Known Member

lol I removed that app the first day I got the .435 update....along with neoreader.
  7. clockwork58

clockwork58 Well-Known Member

8. Touchnote

Touchnote New Member

Hey guys,

Just noticed this thread and thought I'd jump on it. I work for Touchnote and I wanted to reply/address the issues raised.

Like a small number of other apps, Touchnote has signed a deal with Sony Ericsson to pre-install our app on the Sony Ericsson Android range. This was big news for us, as a small London based start-up gaining huge distribution -- and for Sony Ericsson, who were able to offer a cool service to users who want to send their photos as real, printed postcards.

Unfortunately there is a limitation with pre-installed apps: they cannot be removed. This isn't a limitation that we decided to put in place - basically the phone's image is embedded with the pre-installed apps. And that
  9. x10iii

x10iii Well-Known Member

it works by the way... pretty awesome... i sent a postcard to my bro in another country n he got it..
  10. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

I have to say, that until I read the above posts I hadn't really bothered looking at the app... I had thought it was just peice of another annoying bloatware. I am off on holiday in a couple of weeks so I might just give it a try!
  11. shiner840

shiner840 New Member

An this is exactly the reason I'll be ditching Sony and the Xperia... If I want an app, I'll find it myself and download it... Just looked at the permissions this app has too, why does it need access to all that data and what or where is that going !!! :-(