Posting Tips (or how to get your question answered)

Last Updated:

1. romeosidvicious

romeosidvicious Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

These tips are not rules by any measure but I think they will help all of the users in the Sprint Hero forum get the help they need and help keep the forum neat and tidy.

1. All issues concerning rooted phones, discussions about rooting, questions about ROMs, and everything else that has anything to do with rooting your phone should go here: All Things Root (Sprint Hero) - Android Forums. The Guides will move threads there if they get posted in the main forum so help make our jobs a little easier and post them in there first. :cool:

2. Due to the sheer number of threads speculating about when/how/where 2.1 will be released for the Spring Hero there is a single, very large, thread about this where these sorts of threads will get merged. It's here: http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/43902-2-1-speculation-thread.html so please post questions, rumors, gripes about it taking too long and so forth in that thread so we don't have to merge threads every day. Thanks!

3. If you have an issue there is a good chance someone else has had it. It's always good practice to search before you post. If you do find an answer searching it is also nice to comment and thank the person who answered the original question. However there is no rule that anyone has to search before posting and some folks tend to tell people to search (guilty as charged) and we need to knock it off. The folks that run the joint want to be the friendliest Android forum around so lets not force them to make rules that we don't really need. Searching is good practice, not required. Telling people they should have searched is rude, not against the rules.

4. Title your thread in a manner in which people can tell what you are asking/telling/sharing so that a new user can easily see what the threads are about. If you are asking for help with a problem a clear title will get you help faster. If you are just posting information and such then a clear title will get more folks to read your thread.

Again these are not rules/guidelines or anything of that sort. Just some simple, common sense, tips that will help make the Sprint Hero forum here the go-to place for getting help and talking about our beloved Hero. Please don't point anyone to this thread and call them out if they choose not to follow these tips as nothing here is the official word-from-on-high. I am just a Phone Guide and want to help this particular forum be the best forum on Android forums!

Advertisement
  2. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

4. Title your thread in a manner in which people can tell what you are asking/telling/sharing so that a new user can easily see what the threads are about. If you are asking for help with a problem a clear title will get you help faster. If you are just posting information and such then a clear title will get more folks to read your thread. more folks to read your thread.

This is a major problem that bothers me at every forum I visit. I get so tired of topic titles that give you no info about the topic, like " OMG I can't believe it!! ".

Thanks for making this thread, and I hope people will adhere to it.

3. twondog22

twondog22 Active Member

yeah it looks like your phone contacts will only sync to your gmail contact list is they are listed in your phone as a "google" contact not "phone" or any other.... after some google searching i found that there is an ap in the market called contactsync which will convert all your phone entries to "google" contacts.. so that u can now sync all the contacts in your phone to your gmail contact list...