Potential of Android being a decent "handheld gaming sytem"General

Last Updated:

1. morganpants

morganpants Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

With the soon arriving Adobe Flash Player 10.1 coming out for 2.1 devices, Do you think the Android system will make a turn for the better supporting flash games and even AIR which will lead us to amazing places. Or do you think that with the low processor speed that Eris has that it will be a "meh" beneficial update that will help with certain webpage views but not full compatibility gaming.

Advertisement
  2. rcn5008

rcn5008 Member

With the fact that even an HTC Incredible on early reviews show's some slight slowdown on Adobe Flash based webpages...I would say the Eris very well may be too slow to run certain games or applications. This has already been shown for certain applications such as Google Earth which require a different class/faster processor to run. Also, at least in the non-official 2.1 leaks, the phone does not support live wallpapers.

These are all indications to me, at least, that we may not be able to take full advantage of certain flash content.

3. morganpants

morganpants Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm just hoping that it will open doors to games, the current games for the Android is kinda.... well, lacking. If the device fails to see any decent games in the future i guess the only thing to do is wait till verizon gets the Iphone in rumored June and thats not what i want to do :(

4. smacky

smacky Banned

Android Central did a benchmark test on the GPU of the Incredible vs. the Nexus One. As far as FPS go, the N1 had a .5 advantage.

Since the N1, the Incredible, and I think, the Droid are the only phones out right now that will get Flash, I don't think the Eris has that much potential.