Potential Screen IssueSupport

Last Updated:

1. psuftball1

psuftball1 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys, just picked up my EVO earlier this morning. Let it charge for a while before turning it on. I have a very thin rainbow colored line running vertically down the screen. Has anyone else had this problem? I had best buy install the invisible shield when I picked up the phone, so I wanted to wait a little while before taking the phone back. I'm hoping this works itself out, but I am thinking that this is going to be a display issue and I am going to need a new unit.

Advertisement
  2. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

Is it an issue in the display itself, or a streak from the invisible shield application? If it's the latter (they should have used a spray to help apply it), then that'll go away within 24 hours and is normal. It's just a little bit of alcohol trapped which will evaporate.

3. psuftball1

psuftball1 New Member This Topic's Starter

I really think it is something with the display. It is very noticeable when the screen is white. On a black screen I don't really see it.

4. Whiteboyx69

Whiteboyx69 Well-Known Member

Take a pic

5. x0x

x0x Well-Known Member

I'm willing to bet it's the invisible shield. The screen it actually sprayed (wet application) before the screen protector is installed. Water can remain under the screen protector for 24-48 hours after the installation. This is fairly common.

6. Readit2Day

Readit2Day New Member

Hi, just last week I was trying to open an external hard case on my HTC Evo 4G when the phone quickly dropped from my hands and hit hard against the edge of the counter on which I was working. Immediately, I saw a few rainbow colored, vertical lines toward the right side of the screen. These lines can be easily seen when I first turn on the phone. But when it comes to Internet browsing and reading emails or anything else on my screen, only the first half Inch from the bottom of my screen is crystal clear. But most of the screen from the bottom up is Whitish with horizontal and vertical white lines. I am struggling to recognize words and even parts of the keyboard. I've cared very much for this phone. Infact this device has been working like new since I bought it from Sprint 3 1/2 years ago. Only now it looks battered and bruised, and my heart is pained. I am really hoping someone on this forum will be able to identify my phone's problem and advise me as to what might be wrong with it. Your help will be greatly appreciated. I am afraid Sprint might charge me a fortune to repair it.

7. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

welcome to AF!!!!!!!!!!!

well it sounds like it is hardware so there is not much you can do. unless you do not mind fixing it yourself......here check this out:http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-tips-tricks/147383-htc-evo-4g-take-apart-repair-guide.html

Mikestony likes this.
  8. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Sorry to hear about that man!
    That guide that Ocn linked is really a helpful guide if you desire to fix it:)
    Otherwise, can you upgrade? If not and you want the same device, you can check out our Classisfieds:
    Classifieds - Android Forums

Someone there is bound to have a very very nice Evo. **wink-wink**

ocnbrze likes this.
  9. philiprush1966

philiprush1966 New Member

How do I ask a question, i have a similar problem with my phone it is an htc evo 4g my screen has 2 big white areas on it i took it to where I bought it and they said it was water damage to the best of my knowledge my phone has never seen water and if it did it was minimal it started out as 1 small spot that got bigger over time and then another spot started to appear in another part of the screen can you please help me how do I post this for others to see and respond to if you could please get back to me by p.m. because im afraid I won't be able to find this site again im really bad at this sort of stuff thank you very much---bye

10. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Welcome philiprush1966!
    You are in the right forum and you are just fine with your question here:)

These 2 white areas that you speak of, are they still there after a reboot or a battery pull I assume?
    If the one spot started off small and is getting worse over time, then I would surmise that your screen is starting to fail.

If you are willing, there are some sites such as RepairsUniverse that sell screens/digitizers for you to replace if needed:
    Repairs Universe │ iPhone, iPod, HTC, Motorola Parts & Repair Guides

I am also going to remove your email that you have posted for your safety sake.
    If you see this post, I will also p.m. you:)

ocnbrze likes this.
  11. philiprush1966

philiprush1966 New Member

Thank you very much

ocnbrze likes this.