Potentially Switching form Storm2 - Question

Last Updated:

1. kes601

kes601 Member This Topic's Starter

After just familiarizing myself with the Storm2 this week (my first BB), I have come to really enjoy being to have different vibration notices for different email addresses (2 short pulses for work and 2 long pulses for personal).

Is there an app that will allow you to accomplish this on the Droid? This is one of a couple of things that are keeping me from returning the Storm2 and switching to the Droid.

Thanks for any info.

Advertisement
  2. trick202

trick202 Well-Known Member

Have you considered returning the Storm and then checking out Ann Summers?

3. kes601

Yes, I have, but it gets a bit complicated because it is a business line.

Basically -- the Storm2 I have was bought on my bosses line because I decided I should get used to it before he got one, so his Storm2 was bought on my line.

The plan all along was to give the Storm2 I have to another user and then I would use her line to get the Droid. So, because phones have been activated on different lines it could get a bit hairy -- especially if I want return the Droid and go back to the Storm2.

4. trick202

I was just kidding around really.

WRT vibration settings, I'm not sure. You can change the notification sounds (obviously) - but vibe? Not sure.

That said; an app could be born tomorrow which lets you do this - I can't say.

As a Blackberry for Work user, I'd be more concerned about email push and handling of multiple accounts.

5. kes601

Ya, that was one of my other concerns, but our work uses Google Apps and my personal is Google as well. I'm assuming (I know what that can do) that push would work well for Google Email accounts?

6. trick202

Yes, and with 2.0 you can have both accounts running alongside. You can also integrate to a degree too.

If you use google apps at work, then it's a no-brainer really.