PowematAccessories

Last Updated:

1. michaelkahl

michaelkahl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone here using the powermat? If so, how do you like it? Have you successfully modified any cases to allow it to fit? Does the nub on the side bug you?
    I'm curious to see what others think.
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. firetruck41

firetruck41 Well-Known Member

x2

3. michaelkahl

michaelkahl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I picked one up from a local best buy. I find it nice to use, the nub doesn't bug me to much and I'm wondering if I can get a case to work with it. I did test the powermat charger with half of a PS3 game case between my X and the receiver and it worked. How much does it affect charging? That I don't know, Powermat does say that it reduces the charge effectiveness.
    My thinking would be that some cases would probably add enough bulk making the nub flush again. This is a theory, but I need a case that will accommodate that new battery door. It's probably adds 2mm in thickness which is a lot.

4. Caseylr

Caseylr New Member

I bought one over the weekend and so far I've had nothing but issues with it. It starts to charge my phone but at some point it stops and on several occasions I've found myself with a dead phone. I've contact Powermat to see what's up and haven't heard back from them yet.

5. Rev. Po-Jay

Rev. Po-Jay Well-Known Member

It doesn't seem like this technology and current cost are enough in line for a reliable product... Yet.

6. sibrdav

sibrdav New Member

I recently made several mods to my evo including:
    3500mah battery and extended cover
    modified tpu case to fit the extended cover
    powermat receiver hardwired so you dont need the usb plug adapter
    I am also having the problem as mentioned above with my powermat shutting off and during the night the battery fully discharges, even before any mods and using the stock battery. One thing I noticed today while at work and my evo plugged into the usb and charging from aout 45% was when it reached about 65%, it stopped charging. the battery app i was watching showed it was still plugged in but the system info battery status says discharging. i left it alone and after a few minutes it began to charge again to 100% where the battery status reports full. Dont know what thats all about but I wonder if this quick discharge cycle (maybe to let the battery cool?) is whats shutting off the powermat and when it resumes, the powermat has no way of knowing.

any comments or questions?