• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Power Banks, any recommendation?

There are quite many power banks in the market for $10-20. They claim more than 2000mAh battery power.

I wonder how many of those are really good? any experience?

I have seen this one many a times for about $10. Anyone has it?

Thanks in advance.

The link has Beats headphones in it. What was the battery brand? I personally wouldn't trust these cheap ones. First of all, they have only 65%-70% efficiency which means you will be lucky to get 1300 mAh out of that battery. They also probably have 1A output which means slow charging.

I have reviewed a ton and a half of external batteries, and keep coming back to Anker products which also happens to be #1 rated on Amazon with hundreds of 5 star reviews. Take a look at everything I have reviewed here: http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2/708384-twister-reviews-accessories-gadgets.html - scroll down to Batteries section. You can get a quality fast charging speed 10000 mAh battery for $40 or less. Search Amazon for Anker product (and they all backed up by 18 month warranty, top customer support too).

Upvote 0
Wow, great reviews.

Apart from cosmetic details, did you find any difference in performance of different generation of Anker battery packs?

Go with their 2nd gen!!! Their previous gen is just like every other brand of external batteries, it has 70% efficiency. The capacity refers to battery inside of the case at 3.7V. But when it has to be converted to 5V usb interface and back through micro-usb connector of your smartphone during charging - you loose 30% due to efficiency of conversion. Its the same with EVERY SINGLE external battery. Some are as bad as 40% loss. 2nd gen of Anker stuff (Astro models) have efficiency of at least 80% and precision of 10-led indicator so you know exactly how much battery is left or the charging.

Upvote 0
Hey, I need a power bank battery pack. Do most of these still power the device she. It also plugged in? I need this to be plugged in to power for charging while plugged into an android device (HDMI stick)

When I tried my Motorola 4000 the android stick did not like it, maybe the power source to the battery and device was not enough?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones