Power Button Does not workSupport

Last Updated:

1. hiranj

hiranj New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I could not charge the handset and it automatically powered down last night. Thereafter I restarted it again without charging it and as expected it powered down after a few minutes.

This morning I plugged in the handset for charging and then pressed the power button to put the handset in to 'sleep', to my surprise it did not work. I ignored it and left it for charging and when I checked back the handset had automatically gone to 'sleep'. I tried to wake it up by pressing the power button, but it did not work.

The only way I can wake up the handset is either by calling it or plugging in the charger. I tried all of the following but none of them worked.

1. Removed the battery and left the handset for a few minutes and restarted it.
    2. Removed the SD card and restarted it.
    3. Removed the SIM card and restarted it.
    4. Removed both the SD and SIM cards and restarted it.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Advertisement
  2. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

It sounds as if you have messed up the power and charging cycle by repeatedly trying to restart the phone when the battery is flat. This morning when you plugged in your charger the phone was obviously already powered off, therefore by pressing the power button you were attempting to restart it rather than putting it to sleep. If you had only just plugged in the charger then the battery wouldn't have had enough power to do that.

Unfortunately I don't know the solution and it looks like you'll need to contact HTC.

3. hiranj

hiranj New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, I installed 'nolock'. This allows me to wake up the phone with the volume button.

4. ibrahims

ibrahims New Member

i have exactly same problem, please advise what is nolock so i can use as well