Power button getting harder to pressSupport

Last Updated:

1. jxr94

jxr94 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

As the days have gone by, i have started to notice that the power button on my evo might "recessed" more, because it has gotten to the point that the only way i know i press it is because the screen turns on. Reason for an exchange?

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

You are certainly allowed to take it to a sprint store and try. I dont know if they will or not.

3. SouthernEvo

SouthernEvo Well-Known Member

I also have found this issue on my phone as well . My phone as it currently sits , the power button is barely sticking out farther than the actual bezel of the phone . I usually use my finger nail now to hit the thing . If you use a rubberized case I advise cutting a hole where the power button is on the case to use the button . I will eventually bring mine in on the issue when it gets to the point it becomes unusable . I also have developed a crack near the power button . Im again going to assume this is because the power button is sinking into the phone itself . But of course Sprint has never heard of this happening before ROFL ! Yeah right just look on the forums you will find several posts in regards to your issue . Good luck hopefully they will fix it for ya

4. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

If Sprint offers to replace the phone, insist they give you a hardware version 0004 or else you're risking facing the same problem again, or the screen issue.

I haven't heard anything bad about 0004 yet.

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I recall reading that some screen separation appears to be present...and light leakage is still an issue, but that the power and volume buttons felt more firm and were raised

6. jxr94

jxr94 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter