Power Button getting stuckSupport

Last Updated:

1. J913B

J913B Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my phone since Thursday and my power button doesn't always want to come back up after pushing it down. Anyone else having this problem or is it just me? Also, is it a big enough problem to warrant exchanging it during the 30 day period? This is my first phone with a separate power button not on the keypad so I want to make sure it won't crap out on me in the future.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

yikes. i definitely have not experienced that issue.....yet

3. Skyking711

Skyking711 New Member

Yes, I am having the exact same problem w/ mine. Seems the power button is sticking in the down position and causing all kinds of problems w/ the phone. At some point, I can't even turn the device off nor change scenes w/o it asking me if I want to save and change. Plus, when button stuck, the phone just acts funky. For example, when stick down, the home page on the screen changes to one other than the center screen in the UI.. Right now, my far right screen is the home page... go figure... Seems this is a hardware issue only.. might keep surfacing as the units are deployed. SK

4. J913B

J913B Member This Topic's Starter

Well, I just bought the red silicon case from the Verizon Store and it seems to have solved my problems. I've only had it on for about an hour but the power button hasn't gotten stuck once. Perhaps I was just pushing down too hard on the button. I still have 27 days though if the problem does keep happening to exchange it for a new so we'll see.

5. yeedawg

yeedawg Member

I'm noticing that my power button sticks on the right side (the one closer to the headphone jack).

6. androy

androy Well-Known Member

No problems here. If I were you I would just exchange it for a new one ASAP. Why settle for anything but a perfect phone.

7. yeedawg

yeedawg Member

After closer inspection, it seems that the back cover fits a bit too snug and is actually pushing the front right edge of the button against the hard plastic front of the phone.

I popped the back cover off and the button worked fine.

8. yeedawg

yeedawg Member

Just used my dremel tool and shaved a millimeter off the edge of the back cover.

Button works great now!

9. gener1c

gener1c Well-Known Member

It seems to be a battery cover issues, my button works fine the the back is off but the second I but it on it sticks on the one side. Also the back does not close all the way on the corner by the camera. I can see the red back with the back on. I'm going to take it back to vzw today and see what they say.

10. JonathanWhitey

JonathanWhitey Well-Known Member

So they didn't have it in the front but they still had it? I'm looking to buy from same carrier but cant find it anywhere and I really don't wanna order online. Sorry to barge in on the thread, but thanks if you can respond!