• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Power Button getting stuck

J913B

Lurker
Apr 27, 2010
I've had my phone since Thursday and my power button doesn't always want to come back up after pushing it down. Anyone else having this problem or is it just me? Also, is it a big enough problem to warrant exchanging it during the 30 day period? This is my first phone with a separate power button not on the keypad so I want to make sure it won't crap out on me in the future.

Thanks.

Yes, I am having the exact same problem w/ mine. Seems the power button is sticking in the down position and causing all kinds of problems w/ the phone. At some point, I can't even turn the device off nor change scenes w/o it asking me if I want to save and change. Plus, when button stuck, the phone just acts funky. For example, when stick down, the home page on the screen changes to one other than the center screen in the UI.. Right now, my far right screen is the home page... go figure... Seems this is a hardware issue only.. might keep surfacing as the units are deployed. SK

Upvote 0
Well, I just bought the red silicon case from the Verizon Store and it seems to have solved my problems. I've only had it on for about an hour but the power button hasn't gotten stuck once. Perhaps I was just pushing down too hard on the button. I still have 27 days though if the problem does keep happening to exchange it for a new so we'll see.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones