Power button is broken...Need help turning on phone.General

1. 07Rhino

07Rhino New Member

I have a rooted droid bionic with eclipse rom. I accidentally dropped my phone really bad and now the power/lock button is broken. I have no way of turning it on. When I plug the phone with the charger it'll turn on, but it'll only show the battery screen showing me that it's charging. I can get into recovery because I simultaneously hold the volume keys before I plug the charger. However without the power button I can't seem to reboot it and turn it on.

Anyone have a solution on turning on the bionic without a power/lock button? :(

Advertisement
    :
  2. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

If you have adb enabled in recovery, you can do
    Code (Text):
    2. adb reboot
  3. 07Rhino

07Rhino New Member

nope I don't have it. Any other way?
  4. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

Take the Bionic back to where you bought it and have it repaired.

Some people invested in insurance for some protection to problems like this.

... Thom
  5. 07Rhino

07Rhino New Member

I have insurance, I got a razr in return but I need to back up some stuff from my bionic and I want to wipe it also. :(
  6. Roofa

Roofa New Member

You could remove the backplate which will give you access to the power button area. Removing the back plate is not very hard, I had to replace mine because I sat on some rocks with my phone in my back pocket which crushed the lens cover area.

Specifically this is the back housing.
    http://cellphone-repair-shop.com/verizon-droid-bionic-motorola-xt875-back-housing/

And this will give you a good look at the teardown which will give you access to the power switch itself.
    http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Motorola-Droid-Bionic-Teardown/6449/1
    johnlgalt likes this.
  7. 07Rhino

07Rhino New Member

This blows... I have no way to wipe my phone. I'm afraid of sending my rooted phone with my personal info in it to asurion. Any other solutions? Does opening the phone void replacement?
  8. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

07Rhino likes this.
  9. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

If he can get into the Bootmenu he can perform a normal boot from right there too. First option is Normal, second is recovery, etc....