Power button not working

Last Updated: 2011-05-31 11:39:36
  1. dleinonen

dleinonen Member

I've had my droid for about a week now and about two days ago the power button stopped working and is now completly unresponsive. I can't power off the phone without taking out the battery. Good thing that sliding the keyboard out wakes the screen so I can unlock it.....I was just wondering if anyone has heard of this problem or is it possible this is just a defect and I should get a replacement......also I have tried doing the factory reset to see if it was some app I may have installed causing the problem but its still not working......

Advertisement
  2. nifer

nifer Well-Known Member

sorry to necropost, but my phone just started having a similar problem. if i really push on the button, i can get the phone to wake up/power off, but i think i'll soon be in your position where the button will be totally unresponsive. got my phone in november, so it's still under warranty. will call VZW or just go into a store tomorrow and see what they can do.
  3. Prince-W

Prince-W Member

up to now, still facing the same problem in Samsung Galaxy S2, Android 2.3.3. Power button not able to perform sleep/wake or shutdown/turn off the phone. Have to take out battery before flight boarding. Dxmn!

Most probably is the Android software issues.
  4. Bunsen Honeydew

Bunsen Honeydew Well-Known Member

Have you used the spare parts app from the market or a rom? If you change end button behavior with this app, it can make the power button not put the phone to sleep. Happened to me once.