Power Button on My Droid Broke...Warranty?

Last Updated:

1. dmobile5

dmobile5 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My power button on my droid broke, like it is just "stuck" for some reason....will Verizon cover this under the standard one year manufacturer warranty??

Advertisement
  2. GideonX

GideonX Guest

Yes

3. dmobile5

Do you think they *MIGHT* replace it with the Droid 2? And also, I leave for vacation shortly so I'm hoping they will have Droid refurb in stock....

4. GideonX

GideonX Guest

Nope, you'll get a refurb most likely. Why would a bad power button warrant giving u a new d2?

5. smacky

smacky Banned

I doubt their shortage is so bad that they'd do that. You'll probably get another Droid.

It's the insurance, Asurion, that will most likely upgrade you to a Droid X or a DInc because of their shortage on the Droid replacements, but I haven't heard much on that lately so....

6. carassius

carassius Well-Known Member

I had mine replaced with a refurb for the same reason and the refurb has worked great.

I asked (mostly jokingly) if they would replace it with a DX and they said they would be happy to for an extra $500!

7. Outlaw.99

Outlaw.99 Well-Known Member

I hope mine doesnt break... I like my rounded keys better than the flat ones on the newer D1`s.....

8. dmobile5

Read my new thread---because they did give me an X as a replacement turns out for free...

9. drudometkin

drudometkin Well-Known Member

The flat keys break in with use and become bubbled up keys. I have seen this on many droids including my own. If you never use your keyboard it will always be flat and if you use it a lot it will be bubbled in less than a month.