Power Button QuestionGeneral

1. climberman

climberman Well-Known Member

I love the HTC build quality and overall form factor of the DNA. Even the charging slot plastic cover isn't bugging me like I thought it would. One question though is the amount of pressure I have to put on the power button to fire up the phone - have to push hard and hold for a few moments to power up this beauty - anyone else experiencing this??

Advertisement
  2. Bob Cat

Bob Cat Careful, They're sharp!! Moderator

No problems, not even with the silicone cover.
  3. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

No mine seems fine, the only problem I have with it is how flush it is, but that is by design.
    jreed2560 likes this.
  4. climberman

Weird - have to hold it down with a hard press to start the phone - my Rezound was the same way - curses
  5. schwooba

schwooba Member

Mine is fine too but very flush.
  6. Skipdawg

Skipdawg Well-Known Member

Mine was stubborn the first startup but fine since.
  7. climberman

Coming from the Rezound the flush buttons on this phone don't bother at all........ I absolutely love everything about about this phone........ still can't believe I see no marketing of any kind for it........ how much fun to have a new gadget-right?
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  8. iumadness64

iumadness64 New Member

I found it is easier to push when using a fingernail instead of trying to push with the pad of the finger. For what it's worth! :)
  9. PatyCake

PatyCake Well-Known Member

Where did you get the silicone cover? Would you recommend it? Do you have a screen protector? Does the case Cover the back led?
  10. Bob Cat

Verizon store
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes but can see the led when blinking.
    PatyCake likes this.
  11. PatyCake

What color is the case?
  12. PatyCake

What color is the case?
  13. jackson7840

jackson7840 Active Member

Mine seems to press very easily as well..
  14. Bob Cat

They had black and blue. I got the black.

BC
    PatyCake likes this.
  15. PatyCake

And you can still see the back led? That's pretty cool, might get a case then!
  16. Bob Cat

I can see the light with no problems.
    PatyCake likes this.
  17. trankster

trankster Well-Known Member

If powered off, mine takes a steady press for about 5 seconds to power on. Otherwise, a quick press and it lights up. I downloaded an app "Auto Screen On" so that I would not have to press button. It turns on when I remove it from my holster or touch the proximity sensor (to the right of Verizon at the top of the screen). So far so good.
    SlickRick likes this.
  18. SFBayite

SFBayite Member

i wish there was a button at the bottom like s3. Thats the only thing i liked in s3.
    other than that this phone is awesome. while sleeping i dont know which side to press to wake the darn thing up ;)

wish we could use the volumne rockers.
    also wish they wouldnt work while the phone was locked, except when music was playing through headphone only
    well.. i wish !!!!