• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Power Button Sticks

Shorte85

Android Enthusiast
Nov 12, 2010
Michigan, USA
I know there has been a lot of posts about the power button on this phone sticking. My power button sticks on the right side and gets stuck to the point that it is driving me nuts because it does it all the time. When it gets stuck it brings up the power down window, with the different options of shutting down and etc.

I have already a while back bought a black silicone case but this case has a "cut out" area for the power button which I thought was kind of stupid but back then I didn't have the power button issue. I now definitely get frustrated because then I have to sit there and try to get the button on the right side to come back up and then back out of the boot option screen. I have also tried taking the back cover off the cell phone to clean around the power button and that works for about a day and normally isn't too dirty.

I was curious if anyone has created a way to get around this and helps so it doesn't do this or something? Anything. lol

Any suggestions would be great.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones