Power button "stuck"Support

1. enigmab17

enigmab17 Member

Hi All

Hoping someone can provide some insight into a possible solution for this.

Got a Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 a few days ago as a replacement phone through phone insurance (replaced another nexus which was damaged).
    I've had it...3 days, and it's already developed another problem!

Basically it would appear that the power button is "stuck" on. What I mean by this is that you can still press the button, but it does nothing. If I take out the battery and put it back in the phone switches back on immediately.
    Hence why I am saying it is like it is "stuck" :)

It's not been dropped, it's not gotten wet, or anything like that in the last 3 days, phone insurance will send me out a replacement in 2 weeks (none in stock at the moment)...just wondering if there is anything I can do in the mean time?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
    Shane

[Update]
    Tried factory reset...no change

Advertisement
  2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Button is probably defective. Not really much you can do about except wait for your replacement.
  3. enigmab17

enigmab17 Member

Thanks for the Reply Demache! :)

I kind of guessed it, was kinda hoping there was someway to just slap it back into place so to speak :)

It's kind-of working now, still going to get a replacement though!
  4. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

that is a crappy situation to be in, sorry for your issue enigma, but demache is right only one thing to do and that's wait on the new device, unless you feel comfortable taking the phone apart and seeing if you can fix the button yourself....
  5. Toronto2013

Toronto2013 New Member

I had a "lockup" a few weeks back. Nothing would work. After taking a picture it froze. After about an hour and battery nearly drained, it fixed itself. There is a tiny hole below the mic I guess for a soft reset. None the less I was helpless.
  6. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Holding the power button is the reset. The hole is the mic.

EDIT: Nevermind I'm dumb, this isn't the Nexus 7 forum.
  7. n0ve

n0ve Well-Known Member

I'd open her up and reposition the actual button but if your getting a replacement... Maybe soon as boot enable screen always on while charging ...and get PGM going in a supported kernel.
  8. PlasticShadow

PlasticShadow New Member

Hi Enigma. Did you have any success with any self-solutions?

I have the exact same problem as you. It seems that the phone is behaving as though the power button is permanently pressed and as a result, I am unable to turn on/off the screen and as soon as I put the battery in, the phone powers on.

I did drop my phone 1-2 months prior to this happening which resulted in a cracked screen and I accidentally tore off the volume up/down cable from the motherboard when I was looking into replacing the cracked screen.
    However the power cable was fine and no damage had been made to this.

Have tried factory reset and cleaning the cable terminals and the problem still exists.