Power button + volume down?Support

Last Updated:

1. drdnaught1

drdnaught1 Well-Known Member

What does pressing the power and volume down buttons together do? I tried it and the phone's screen just turned off, then I hit the power button again and it turned right back on. I thought this button combo was to reboot the phone...

2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Push and hold them for 10 seconds, it'll force a reboot.
  3. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Minor point, doesn't it force a shutdown, not a reboot (works like pressing the powerbutton on you're computer).
  4. Kelmar

It'll automatically reboot (instead of staying off). :)
  5. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Hmmm... so it does. I feel like an idiot now.
  6. Kelmar

Lol, nah, nothing to worry about. We're all here to help and learn together. :cool:
  7. jae480

jae480 Active Member

how do you get the bootloader or whatever thats called? You know when the screen is like black and the letters are all green and stuff
  8. jae480

jae480 Active Member

when the phone is off you hold the power and volum down button right? what's it called when the green letters and the black screen show up?bootloader?
  9. FragDroidX

FragDroidX Well-Known Member

When the phone is off hit volume up + volume down + power until the menu comes up.
    jae480 likes this.
  10. jae480

jae480 Active Member

oh ok Thanks!! :) but what is that menu called? is it called the bootload mode? Or what exactly is the name of it?
  11. jae480

jae480 Active Member

Also, what does BP stand for on the menu? I'm on the menu right now I just don't know what the letters "BP" stand for.
  12. ThePJ_Project8

ThePJ_Project8 New Member

These button send you to the factory options. Here you can install a android update(which you need to download from the internet.), reboot your phone, wipe the data you have, or have the factory settings. You may need to look online for a file download that will have the android update within the file. You will have to complete some tasks(which you can find on YouTube.) in order to install it. But you will need the factory options to do so.
  13. MasterGadgets

MasterGadgets Well-Known Member

Responding to a 2 year old thread?
    Thom likes this.