power button won't workSupport

1. jbowman2187

jbowman2187 New Member

My power button on my prevail won't work. It wont turn the phone on, off, or put it in sleep mode. Only way I can get screen back is to plug in and/or unplug charger. Had this problem about a week or two ago and had to hard reset my phone. I would hate to have to keep doing that. I haven't rooted the phone or downloaded any new apps. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks and hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Advertisement
    :
  2. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member Contributor

Sounds like it might be a hardware issue . You may need to send it to Samsung .

There is 1 sure fire way to find out if it is . Odin back and run it bare bones for a few days and see if it still is happening . If it still does it , you are having hardware failure .
    osvaldofumero likes this.
  3. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder Well-Known Member

Power button doesn't work...how exactly is he going to put it in download mode?
  4. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member Contributor

If he can hard reset the phone, when it comes on mash the camera and volume down. As long as he can get the phone to start powering on, he should be able to access download mode .:p
  5. DarkJedi

DarkJedi Well-Known Member

Supposedly, regardless of OS, if you hold the power button for several seconds (10+ I believe) it should hard power-off the phone. This is a hardware feature.