Power button

Last Updated:

1. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is anyone turning in there Evo because of the power button being to sunk in. With the black rubber gel case, I can hardly press the button. When I purchased the Evo I didn't really think it was a issue but it is.

Advertisement
  2. Ms_Kady

Ms_Kady Well-Known Member

I had that problem with the rubber case that I bought at Sprint, so I switched to a hard rubber case and haven't had an issue since. The power button itself did not sink in.

3. Roymus

Roymus Well-Known Member

I agree that the power button is difficult to get at. You can partially allow for this by installing Screen Off and Quick Boot from the Market (I think they're both free)...this will reduce the need to get at the power button, but unfortunately there's no way to get around having to press it to wake the thing up (unless someone has an app for that too and I missed it?)

4. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

I exchanged ONE Evo. IT had screen light leak and there was, in hindsight an issue with the power button. I think it was slightly depressed compared to the new one I have to replace it.

I started with the silicone case from Sprint, took it back cause it was such a pain to wake the phone.

Alternate solution: download NoLock from market and enable it. Then you can use your volume rocker to wake phone through silicone case. Though you will still have to use power button to put to sleep.. unless of course there's an app for that... hope that helps.

t1jordan likes this.
  5. sitlet

sitlet Banned

One of the new replacement phones sprint sent me had the power button so sunk in, i literally had to use my fingernail to push it in every time. THe other 2 evo's i've had are fine, which clearly shows these phones are NOT going to a quality check before they leave the factory.

6. t1jordan

I have already called Sprint customer service and a Sprint store to make sure I get a new one. My 30 days is up in 4 more days. I will be at the Sprint store tomorrow morning when it opens to switch this baby out. I know if I keep the phone it will get worse and they will just give me refurbished Evo.

7. sitlet

sitlet Banned

exactly why I exchanged mine. That's the main button for the phone, that I probably push a few hundred times a day. If that breaks, there's no way to use the phone.

8. t1jordan

Exactly!