Power button

Last Updated:

1. bishamon79

bishamon79 New Member This Topic's Starter

Anybody have any probs with the power button? Got caught in a torrential downpour this afternoon to find my wallet and phone somewhat damp after being in my soaking jeans.

Power button no longer works so effectively once the screen saver kicks in I cant unlock it. Thankfully its still within warranty so will take it back to get a replacement.

This is the 2nd phone I've had that has suffered this prob. My previous phone, a dreadful Sony Ericsson died a death.

Avoiding the rain is somewhat unavoidable when you live in Scotland. Making\Taking a phonecall in the rain is sometimes a necessary evil. I really have to question the build quality of some of the modern phones. Do they even test the use of phones in the rain? It seems somewhat of a basic function, and to have such a major malfunction with such minimal exposure to rain is quite disappointing to say the least, especially when it never came into direct contact.

Advertisement
  2. TheTrueSpin

TheTrueSpin Well-Known Member

To be fair... no bit if electrical equipment can take much water. Good luck with the return, but the damage is no doubt due to water ingress.

3. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Well-Known Member

It's basically a handheld computer. You really can't expect to use it in the rain. With any complex electrical device it's best to make sure it stays bone dry.

4. Evil Genius

Evil Genius Well-Known Member

let us know how you get on with the warranty discussion. be interesting how they react to water damage.