Power control/syncingTips

Last Updated:

1. mister_tu

mister_tu Well-Known Member

So, I am using this widget and I don't know if this is going to help with power consumption, but I turned off the sync, turned off all sync settings for fb, twitter, and flckr to either update once a day or never. Everytime I want to sync, I just go to the power widget and turn the sync on and it updates all the different social media and then I just turn it off. It's nice because instead of going to them manually to refresh, I can just use that one button to refresh all.

Edit: Nevermind, it turns off the entire mobile data. I thought it was just syncing. So, if you turn it off, you won't get emails or notifications or any of that.

2. mikewashere05

mikewashere05 Well-Known Member

This whole "mobile data" thing confuses me.

Is mobile data
    -- 3G
    -- 1X
    -- WiFi
    -- Bluetooth
    -- PIITB
    -- Any other number of technologies that are in the phone?

So if I turn off mobile data, but leave wifi on, I should still get emails right? If mobile data is just 3G and I turn it off and wifi, I should still get calls/texts (from 1X) right?
  3. mister_tu

Mike, my head just exploded. Going back to AZ now. LOL.

I received text messages and mms with the mobile data off. I am assuming if you use wifi, you will still be able to receive 1x data. However, I read you won't get emails over wifi.

piitb always wins tho.
  4. mikewashere05

Its so sad that the users on here will never know what PIITB with 3G technology can do for them.​
  5. Dex

Dex Well-Known Member

I PIITB on WiFi, mostly.
  6. JuniorNA

JuniorNA Well-Known Member

I think it's even worse if i dont even know what PIITB, let alone know what it can do for me :confused::mad:
  7. mikewashere05

I'm sure it would expand your (w/l)ife.
  8. mister_tu

Must resist.
  9. JuniorNA

JuniorNA Well-Known Member

put it in the butt ?