Power Control - Turning on WiFi

Last Updated:

1. speedracr13

speedracr13 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I love the power management widget on the Droid. I've noticed though that when I use it to turn on wifi that my wifi never actually turns on and connects. As soon as I go into the wifi settings and see the list of available connections it finds my router and connects right away. Anybody else having any sort of similar issues? It's a little annoying to have to turn on wifi and then also have to go into the settings menu to get it to connect.

Advertisement
  2. digitard

digitard Well-Known Member

Works for me.

I have my phone setup with my DD-WRT firmware based Linksys WRT54GS. My GS is paired w/ standard encryption and SSID not being broadcast.

I can turn on my WiFi via the widget, and it connects in about 10 seconds or so w/o an issue.

3. Mezmryz03

Mezmryz03 Well-Known Member

Not the most helpful reply there. Wanna try again?

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Mine has always worked every time since I discovered that little gem hiding in the widgets screen last November.

Try forgetting your connection, then re-adding it to your DROID and see what happens.

Also, are you perchance running an app that might be interfering with WiFi auto-reconnects?

5. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Well-Known Member

I have encountered the behavior you describe, but it is very intermittent. I'd reboot the phone and see if it will connect. Maybe power cycle the WAP.