Power control with 2.2Support

Last Updated:

1. supersales5

supersales5 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone notice that the power control is now always matching the setting set for the GPS. If I turn on GPS via the power control use the GPS then if I go into Location and Security and turn off GPS, the power control still shows it as active??

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

The widget probably just needs time to refresh. Do what you just said and turn off GPS via the settings menu, then reboot the phone or kill your home manager. When it loads back up, it will probably show the correct setting. Also just try waiting a while and see if it automatically updates itself.

3. supersales5

supersales5 Active Member This Topic's Starter

From my testing it seems that if you control the GPS from Locations and Security that it does not sync at all with power control widget. Can someone confirm this is a bug?

4. nycebo

nycebo Well-Known Member

Hate to dredge this thread up, but I've updated to the newest OTA OS and still have this issue. Presently investigating alternative power widget options on the market.

5. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

I think, based on what I read on that app, is that in 2.2 only the Blur app can control the GPS function

6. nycebo

nycebo Well-Known Member

Issue solved. I downloaded Extended Controls widget from the market and it controls GPS flawlessly. If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Right?