• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Power cord fried

talksinmaths

Jul 29, 2008
Hi guys,

Last night when I plugged in my power cord, it did not begin to charge, so I unplugged it and looked and the power cord was smoking and sparking. Do you know what would cause this? I am looking for a micro USB cable to see if the phone socket is still working.

If the phone socket is broken, I guess HTC support is the first place to go?

Thanks.

Hi guys,

Last night when I plugged in my power cord, it did not begin to charge, so I unplugged it and looked and the power cord was smoking and sparking. Do you know what would cause this? I am looking for a micro USB cable to see if the phone socket is still working.
Only thing I can think of is that the voltage output of the socket is more than what the power cord can handle.
If the phone socket is broken, I guess HTC support is the first place to go?

Yes, pretty much that's all you can do :p

Upvote 0
My problem is fixed!
For anyone else who may experience this problem, it was actually caused by a bad battery apparently, they shipped me a new battery and charger and now it works fine. And the tech support process was very painless, I am relieved after some of the horror stories from the beginning of the launch.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones