Power/end call button properties

Last Updated:

1. chfields

chfields Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just got this phone a few days ago, I came from a Treo 755p. I was playing with the phone a couple days ago and came across a setting that let me decide what the power/end call button would do when pushed, IE: go to sleep, go home then go to sleep, nothing. I left it at the default and now I want to change it, can anyone help???

Advertisement
  2. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

It is a setting in Spare Parts.

3. chfields

WOW!!! That was fast!! Thanks!!!

4. lv2bll

lv2bll Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums and Congrats on your purchase, Word to the wise do not make an android 2.1 speculation thread as many will HATE you. But welcome again and try to search before asking questions int he future as you answer could be already provided. That didnt happen this time tho!

5. ccapasso

Sure thing. Glad to help. Jumped on before bed, saw your post and thought, well, that's an easy one to answer before sleep.

Now time for some much needed rest.

6. chfields

Thanks, I'm still learning about the phone.....I have seen enough of the responses to the "2.1" threads, so you won't hear anything from me...LOL!! I'm a member of quite a few forums, so I know to search before asking, thats why this is my first question...So far all my other questions have been answered.....

7. romeosidvicious

romeosidvicious Well-Known Member

Now come on. No-one will hate you. The Phone Guides will just merge it with the monster 2.1 speculation thread. And searching before posting isn't a rule and while it may be polite to do so it kind of isn't to tell folks to do so. I know the forum has had some tension lately and we are working on helping things get back to normal. ;)

Glad you got a quick response. The folks here are pretty quick on the draw most days. And most of us don't bite (much). :D

8. dmm5157

dmm5157 Well-Known Member

Wow, I didn't even realize that was an option and I've had my phone for months.

I've not played around with a lot of the settings in Spare Parts besides battery info and animation speed stuff.

Mine was blank (no value selected) in that setting in Spare Parts, but I'm guessing the default is "sleep", as that's what mine does.

9. chfields

I changed it to go home and then sleep. I kept getting annoyed when it would open to whatever the last page was.

10. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

Lol, nah... But starting a thread saying the SAME thing that is already covered in other threads might get annoying. it's an honest mistake, unless of course it is repeated, lol, then intentional. ;)

Chfields, welcome to the most informative Forum regarding the HTC Hero. Don't let anyone scare you, hahaha... It's all good here!

Happy Trails
    :)

11. chfields

It takes alot more than that to scare me...LOL BTW any way to strengthen the vibrate?

12. garymed

garymed New Member

cannot locate Spare Parts in Settings. Pls Help!

13. ccapasso

It is an app. Download it from the Market

14. kbussen

kbussen Well-Known Member

Lol......