• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Power Off app

I take advantage of WidgetLocker's timeout override feature.

I set WidgetLocker to 10 secs to TO (10 secs the fastest available)

BUT on my phone my default TO is 1 minute.

So whenever I want the phone screen to power off quickly (I gesture as I use LPP) to activate the Widget Locker screen and then 10 secs later the phone screen goes off. Saves some wear/tear on the power button.

But once I'm back at my regular homescreen, my 1 minute TO default kicks back in.

Sometimes you can also wake the phone with the Volume rocker, but not always. I think it depends on how long the phone's been sleeping after activating WidgetLocker that allows the Volume rocker to wake the phone.

Upvote 0
I take advantage of WidgetLocker's timeout override feature.

I set WidgetLocker to 10 secs to TO (10 secs the fastest available)

BUT on my phone my default TO is 1 minute.

So whenever I want the phone screen to power off quickly (I gesture as I use LPP) to activate the Widget Locker screen and then 10 secs later the phone screen goes off. Saves some wear/tear on the power button.

But once I'm back at my regular homescreen, my 1 minute TO default kicks back in.

Sometimes you can also wake the phone with the Volume rocker, but not always. I think it depends on how long the phone's been sleeping after activating WidgetLocker that allows the Volume rocker to wake the phone.
I think the OP is asking about an app to power down the phone, rather than turn off the screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones