• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

newbie4

Sep 12, 2012
Ok just experience a power off while the phone was in my pocket. I test by pressing the power button and it does shutdown the phone after a long press and no selection of any items. Is there any remedy to this not happening since this is the method of transport? Using the latest 4.0.4 xxlrt firmware waiting on 4.1 hope will work better on battery life.

Are you suggesting an option window that pops up when you hold down the power button so that your phone doesn't automatically just shut down?

If so, I really do not know if a Launcher can change it, as you can try one, otherwise i know rooting your device and throwing a ROM on it can certainly fix this, i know Cyanogen Mod has a window that pops up with a few options including, Reboot in Recovery, Restart, Power down, Screenshot...

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Presently that is how it works. When you press the power button does suggestions appear but then I would like it to stop there instead of going to shutdown. Maybe that shutdown feature is important but I only suggest since it is the first time the phone shutdown and turn back on in my pocket.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones