Power on - any hardware button

Last Updated: 2010-05-20 21:24:16
  1. stan-droid

stan-droid New Member

Okay, don't shoot me for it. Always been a WM user.
    In there, you can change settings when to turn on a device: only on the 'power' button or on 'any hardware' button.

for my Legend the powerbutton is not necessary is at a convinient place. When taking it out of my pocket, the lower buttons are more at hand, so.... is it possible to power on the device with those hardware buttons?

Advertisement
  2. Mr.Derringer

Mr.Derringer Well-Known Member

Stan,

is it really such a pain to get used to pushing the power button?

i only ask because every phone i've had for the past 12 odd years have utilised the 'call end' button to wake up the phone and had a seperate power button to turn off etc, i very quickly got used to the Legends set up. it's no big deal for me.

but if you're looking for a work around for your problem i'm sure someone will solve it for you.

Good Luck
  3. c_man

c_man Well-Known Member

4. stan-droid

stan-droid New Member

hi guys, first thanks for the speedy replies!

well, guess not it that big a deal this question. but, somehow (and i've had my share of smartphones....) this was the first thing that somehow got noticed.
    maybe the conclusion might be that the rest of the hardware and software is that good that I am looking at some minor issues.

since I am new to Android and there is no way I am writing any code myself (anywhere in the near future?), I will track this forum thoroughly.....